May 13, 2011

SPIDER-MAN NOVEL, GOBLIN MOON pt. I of III


Just waiting and for gosh sakes hopping beyond hope that it will be here soon?, what the heck am I blabbing on about right?, when my folks were here for the month of April I realized that I was missing my treasure trove of "ZONE STORIES" say what again "More stories from the TWILIGHT ZONE" I had happen to find out that I had misplaced it at "SHARRI'S" restaurant while eating with them one morning. I'm just praying it will be here soon or else....(more on this later) I am sure you all would recall my dire need of finding a replacement rather quick when I showed you all this. As I started this I knew I just knew my love of SPIDER-MAN would be in a flash of heartbeat. I will fill you in between the chapter plates as we go along so let's swing to it shall we as the ol saying goes.... in the prologue of this we find that the recently returned from the dead foe of the webhead better known to the world at large as Green Goblin is having a political fund raiser for none other than mayor of New York city, through his Private company "Osborn Chemicals" which he had the vice president for cleaning up after sloppy money men. Yet was Osborn really out to help the mayor or something far more valuable.... Spider-man is fighting a group who called themselves THE RAT PACK in a old powerhouse, in chapter one he finds these little buggers are in someway or other getting better at attacking their planned target(s). By their new upgrades in weaponry that they never had access to before(?) When they get away after he saves the plant he's wanting to know how or who is backing them but finds out nothing.... A day on the beat is the only way to fill in parts of chapter two, as his civilian self Parker heads to the Daily Bulge to try and sell pics from the night before, from a camera that still gets odd type of angles at times, he knows that ol skinflint Jameson will buy. Ace reporter Betty Brant gets Parker before he even gets close to Jameson's office saying she needs a photographer for something down at Battery Park, come to find out someone has been murdered, it turns out the murder victim is none other than Public Advocate of the city of New York....Peter may have a good hunch as to whom maybe the elusive fancier is of THE RAT PACK is when he over hears that THEY MAY HAVE DONE THIS. While he was fighting other members of the group from the night before.....It seems as if Osborn has a turned face look about him (What great villain doesn't try to mask his good intentions with being "ALL OUT JUSTICE for YOU really FOR ME outlooks, ever you tell me?) in chapter three, Norman Osborn uses words of benign to get into the most recently vacated Public political office that of Public Advocate. The Bugle proudly is in favor of supporting Osborn in this little endorsement only because he partly owns the paper as well as Jonah Jameson does......Parker wonders just what can he do to reveal Osborn's true intent on the poor unknown citizens of the great city known as New York....Spidey starts busting chops for any kind of answers
in chapter four down on the docks. He is trying to find out answers if THE RAT PACK is backed by a certain KINGPIN. (Willson Fisk?: this is Marvel's underworld crime lord in New York, whose dead if I recall correctly at the writing of this) only to find his probing for answers makes him late for catching up times with his wife and their friends at the coffee bean. Later that night Mary Jane tells her hubby what HE REALLY MISSED OUT ON by being late which is Norman's office would place HIM as the NEXT MAYOR say if anything should happen to the mayor........Jameson wants pics of his partner being inducted in into city political office by none other than Mister Parker himself in chapter five.Which is kinda what Peter was hopping for to get closer to Norman. When Peter confronted Osborn about activities by a certain Goblin persona which was hushed between just them because they were in the Public eye after all. Peter now with still no clue as to what Osborn is really up to knows he to must play the waiting game as with the rest of the city of New York.......
TO BE CONTINUED
(I went out to my mailbox today after wo
rk and guess what? That other copy of "More stories from the TWILIGHT ZONE" was in that box seen here), now my mailbox won't be over crowded when I come back from Ecuador in two weeks.

No comments: