May 21, 2011

Matt and his new friend from Cuenca Ecuador


Hey all
Yes I still admit that I'm half way around the world in a place known as Cuenca Ecuador, but I can say as well I have made a new friend here. Yet I can't say it's a girlfriend in anyway, (although that would still be nice there would be the ever lasting complexity language barrier that would be for a long while anyway in the way) no this friend happens to be Chuck and Nancy's Cuenca son in sorts.Wait....Say that again pretty please they have a son in Ecuador with them that they don't know of.....besides yours truly?.....Well no NOT REALLY! It would seem that how this friend of theirs is like a son is that he works at repairing electronics (specifically computers similar to the son Micheal who works with sound systems repairs) Yet his name is Jose Cortez and yesterday after that French toast breakfast we had at the girls cabin, Poppi (Chuck) went to meet Jose at the boys cabin to repair our computer and see what was wrong with their tv and DVD player. About a half hour later Jose called the girls Cabin Mimi (mom) answered, she told me the phone call was for me, Jose asked me if I'd like to see a movie, I of course agreed. We were gonna see the "Pirates of the carbine" in 3D at mall, but first we met up with him and Chuck at the park in downtown Cuenca where we had a few bench pictures with me and the girls. Jose and I parted from them and went our own merry way at a little after noon, we went hat shopping for both of us and browsing for some DVDs before going to the movie only to find out once we got there it was in Spanish only (NO ENGLISH: subtitles), so we decided instead on "Beyond A REASONABLE Doubt" which stars Micheal Douglas and was in English with Spanish subtitles on the trailers we saw TRANSFORMERS 3, and CARS 2. Before the movie started we went to a internet cafe after the film walked to parts of Cuenca,,

I had never been t
o before, we then took a taxi back to the girls cabin where Paige,Poppi, and Petra performed a skit from their older brother Joshua's camp from a few years ago.

No comments: