May 26, 2011

Mom and son time in Cuenca


Hey everyone,
This will be my very last post from Cuenca Ecuador for come tomorrow we leave
to go to the beach in Sailna Guayqauil Ecuador but this is about time that I personally spent with my mother. Two Fridays ago (Poppi) Chuck took the girls to a park with paddle boats and also met some Home schooled kids like the girls are back home in Hillman, Minnesota, we came to find that they met some kids and their mother, who this past Monday had lunch with us at the local Pizza Hutt (there is a story I have to share one day, there are few American restaurants in this part of South America). On that said Friday my mother and I decided to have a mom and son day so we decided that I needed a haircut and on our adventure(s) where ever they may take us that we'd get THAT DONE FOR SURE. First though we tried to see if a place I thought I had eaten at my last two visits here which were in (April 2009 and April 2010) was a place called "California Kitchen", but as it turned out they were having a private party, so we got THAT haircut I was talking about then head for the Kookaburra cafe instead. We had a nice lunch together,I had a BLET (which is a bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwich, what does the "E" stand for your all wondering right?, well it for a egg on the sandwich as well.) Also I had some blackberry juice with it as too,while my mom had a regular BLT with a diet coke, we then decided what we were going to do for the day. That was we went to a museum that is close to a bank that you'd see on that aforementioned Cuenca bus tour I have talk about earlier this month, and on our way to this museum we had just happen to see this weird sign , here is why it is weird, Pizza is from Italy NOT AMERICA as the wording proclaims. Anyway once we got to the museum was closed for something we didn't know but I think was for a private school tour,or so it had seemed from what we could here from outside as we went to see Cuenca's Inca settlement such as this house, my mom suggested we go see the exotic birds which down a hill to the left of this home. Yet I went and wanted to see how the Incains used to grow their food , which was down a hill off to the right while my mom rested and waited for me to come back which was less than fifteen minutes. We then went down to where a lot of exotic birds were
and before I get into a rant of how many "Toucan Sams" I saw which is the bird on the "FRUIT LOOPS" brand of cereal from Kellogg, when first got there we saw a Lama but by the time we left it was gone. Then we took a taxi to Supermaxi which is one if not the biggest grocery store chains in that part of Ecuador to go s
hopping for a dinner on the following Monday with some friends of my folks,but before doing that we went and got some ice cream right next door and here is my mom enjoying her chocolate sundae,while I had a fruit one. When we got back to their place we all exchanged stories of how we spent our day only to find that the girls and Poppi also decided to have a ice cream stop before coming home too.

No comments: