May 15, 2011

Big adventrue starts with a trip to Mickey Dee and on to Seattle


Here it is the BIG day that my mom Nancy Watson, my step dad Chuck Watson, my two nieces Petra & Paige Mickleson from Minnesota and I are starting a grand well I'm NOT sure if grand is the right word maybe something like relaxing is the best word associated for term wise for our journey to Cuenca Ecuador. This morning at a little after eight thirty and my nieces rang my doorbell to my place, luckily I had just gotten my morning shower and was dressed or at least mostly so,(I had still to put on my shirt). So my folks waited till I was ready and they and the girls got stuff sorted of what was going to go to Minnesota from what was going to Cuenca. So we left stuff bound for Minnesota at my place in Richland Washington when we return in two weeks time. Before leaving to Minnesota via Amtrack mom and Chuck had spoken with Micheal my brother and his wife Kathie about letting Cannon and Heidi see their cousins on the way to Ecuador or they could wait till we come back through at the hotel they will be staying at.
They decided (on both I am hoping anyway), we met at the McDonalds on Cannal in Kennwick Washington.

We had mom, I, and Chuck had breakfast while Paige and Petra played inside the kids playground while we waited for the cousins to show up and then all of them played till their hearts content for at least a hour.

After all that pent up energy was dispelled the kids all came over for something to eat.

Yet sharing time of stories had just began when the kids wanted to go back at it again, who could blame Petra and Paige after all they had been on the train for three full days and needed to play! Mom had suggested we head back to my place to get our cell phones in case on the route to Seattle we have one of the cars break down we can stay in touch with each other.

No comments: