July 21, 2013

A new take on Miss Alice......

Hey like Alice here, I'm certain you to wanna know what's my fixation on WONDERLAND is! Maybe there's more to this one as they say than meets the eye?, Either way have fun finding out......



Hello to all who love going through a hole,
 Let's see now the last time that I had happen to see the classic animated film of Alice in Wonderland seen here 
with her tea party pals The "White Rabbit" whom as we all can see isn't White at all and his buddy "The Mad Hatter" from Walt Disney was when I was on the Disney cruise to Alaska in two thousand eleven.Today I wanna talk about the many different takes on the little girl known as Alice, and finally reveal my latest comic reading venture that I found at Adventures Underground which happens to be related to the original title of eighteen sixty five novel by Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, whom changed his known name  in eighteen fifty six to "Lewis Carroll (which were versions of his actual name in reverse). The title of the eighteen sixty five tale was "ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND" so you can kinda get a small peek into the comic store name at least in a small outlook. Now I know your all wondering didn't he write "THROUGH THE LOOKING-GLASS AND WHAT ALICE FOUND THERE" at the same time, he may have I don't know for sure but one thing I do know for sure it came to be published in eighteen seventy one. Now on to those other Alice related appearances in Sci -Fi for example there are two notable ones I can think of off of the top of my head and they are the original series of Star Trek episode titled ""I MUDD"
in which the crew of the Enterprise must defeat a old foe of captain kirk's by the name of Harcourt Fenton Mudd whom had found a planet that has a inhabits of androids that will do as he commands. He sends the only male android to the star ship that he once tried to con from her captain on stardate 1329.1 where he used an Alisa calling himself Leo Walsh from the episode known in Trek history as "MUDD's WOMEN". In "I MUDD" the female androids are known as Alice and there are five hundred of them to ensure that Harcourt does get the Enterprise, while trapping it's crew on the planet with all of the androids, Kirk happens to have a great piece of dialogue by the way that goes like this "Next, we take the Alices on a trip through Wonderland" when he is telling his crew his plan to escape planet MUDD and reclaim the Enterprise. The other sci-fi series that uses an character called Alice is The Incredible Hulk episode "ALICE IN DISCOLAND" which before I comment on here I have to say very soon, the television series will be raging it's way to the site very soon. In the episode Banner helps a young teen strive to overcome a problem she 
 
happens to not be able to control. Now did I say something about an Alias being used in a series besides Harcourt in the original Star Trek series in the way of how a spy for the C.I.A. named Sydney Bristow had her own "Alice experience" when she awoke in the end of season two of Alias as Julia Throne and finds out two years of her life are shrouded in mist. Still there are many parts of the Alias series that have wonderland connections if you will....As for this new take on Alice in Wonderland in this comic series 
, by Zenescope productions I can only hope that it is as trippy a trip as Dodgson's actual idea was even though this one, I'm  sure will have a stronger meaning in it's tea party sequence 
 than overdosing on any kind of  drug of any kind? but who knows I may love the whole trip for reason of just comic love period.  
       

No comments: