July 17, 2013

A pretty neat plate for sure!



Hello to all  Spider-Fans who love the "T-Man's art", 
Yes I bet without a doubt that I couldn't dare you to NOT KNOW whom my all time favorite Spider-Man artist is of all is? and you would get it wrong, for Petey sakes! I know I can't pull the webbing wool over any readers peepers about that and one of you would just have to say "Oh it must be Mr. Trade Mark?, right" for then you would be newest glimpser of this very blog. Or so I would being hunching at?  Any way the person whom I am talking about was the one person who made me feel that comic books were more than short stories between any given hero or villain that were a collectable item, worth wanting to keep.In fact now that I thinking about it, when I took my art history class in nineteen ninety four I recall that I had to make a collage for my final assignment so I went down to Mallery's pharmacy  a little everything type of store that was just a few blocks from where I lived at the time. (I know that I have a copy of it somewhere maybe when I'm able to find it I'll show what it looked like. Still with me writing about his work of which he is most famous for seen here in a whole different collage format that I made up for this after talking about one        



now I know it may seem odd to still love a comic artist's body of work on any title that they are no longer associated with, but I just can't help it. The one thing about Mr. McFarlane's style that was super neat and worthwhile to me was at the same time I was just getting back into stuff like this  










type of love for animation of any kind regardless of if it was all the old stuff I loved as a kid or not, even more so for Anime cartoons as well. It was because in his drafting a image of a superhero was and is ground shattering no matter when I saw his art I felt I needed to draw just as badly if not more, and his style later on and even in his spidey days still reminds me of a Anime comic spot on. Still today isn't about just McFarlane as a comic artist, it's about his loving sports so much that if he hadn't sprained his ankle in his pac- ten league of baseball when he was going to Eastren Washington state community college in Spokane while training for a big game he wouldn't of been a comic artist at all but a pro baseball player for the Arizona's Diamond Backs where he now has resided for a long while now. Back when I was putting these babies 10 of 10 of sentient lifeforms scan readings..... 
I had swung over to my favorite Web head website known as the Crawlspace, where I had happen to come across this 

home plate that was being bidden on at another site on the web. Unfortunately the highest the bids were before ending was eight hundred and twenty five dollars according to the CS. I have now found out it stand at one thousand so I'm hitting a ball park guess that the bidding isn't yet over as far as I know of  here is the link to the actual bid site DBacks Give Back which is that team known as the Arizona Diamond Backs local fund raiser site to help out the local charities around the state. I myself would bid on it, but am unsure what the auction rules are? If your a comic fan or baseball fan whom lives in Arizona would anyone from that state let me know how someone from out of state could bid on this?   

No comments: