July 18, 2013

The Hobbit


What tales of yo bring to mind the heart of the very First Fantasy ONE has ever read, well all in all I got to say I really enjoyed this one, even through it took me what seems like forever to get it done........



Hello all Hobbit lovers,
As you all know I have been reading this very book 
by John Ronald Reuel Tolkin
since I had 
finished this one seen here 
in late April of this year, even though I have it listed in the links of this very blog in the month of February. When I was a young tyke like most, I was in toys galore of you know who mostly. It was from the classic FILMATIOepisode of HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE "THE DRAGON'S GIFT" that even though I had seen those type of characters before, that in the episode I appreciated Dragons as a whole because of Larry Ditillio's 
 Granamyr. He made at least two appearances besides that one.I just realize this isn't a HE-MAN post so lets move forward shall we..... Actually before knowing what "THE HOBBIT" ever was back in the nineteen eighties while at day care my only exposure was the animated film by Rankin/Bass Topcraft production company which made the animated feature 
,for NBC Television in nineteen seventy seven originally. I got say I did like the film because at the time I was use to films by Disney at the same time like "Sleeping Beauty" and Peter Pan just to name a couple before seeing that take on "THE HOBBIT", for some reason I just wasn't into reading at such the age expect for comics of course. It even took my brother Micheal quite some time to convince me in my latter thirties to want to watch the first film in "THE LORD OF THE RINGS" movies I have to admit it took only one try after hearing of "THE TWO TOWERS" arc and I just sat down and watched the whole first film known as THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING and I was hooked into Tolkien's fantasy fable, which I saw with him my brother at our town's still newest theater at the time Carmike Cinemas and for some reason it took me a long while to see the finale "Return of the King" which I finally saw on DVD with my friend Jeff that I happen to bring up from time to time as well here. I'm sure that once the other two parts of the film version are complete I will watch the whole of grand fantasy in one sitting, but that won't be till sometime after two thousand sixteen or so.What does all of this tell you the reader of how I actually liked reading "THE HOBBIT" for the first time ever, really nothing so far. I will tell you this about the story it is certainly a  fine piece work, even though throughout the plotting Tolkkien seems repetitive in his fine detail the threads of points which is my one and only rubbing the story that I feel is wrong but I am most likely to reappreciate  it when I reread it I'm sure of it. The whole story is about a small creature known as Bilbo Baggins who cares about life as he sees it and like it in his town called Bag-End in the latter books it would be known as the Shire, whom happens to one have a wizard known as Gandalf pay him a visit about a little thing called an adventure. At first Bilbo refuses but when Gandalf promises it won't be just the two them Bilbo happens to give it some thought, then his little place is overran by dwarves  which want in on the adventure too, come to find out it was they who asked for Gandalf to speak on their behalf. Whistle on this wild set of adventure Bilbo meets a strange creature who talks in riddles known as Gollum and steals something "Precious very precious" well in truth he finds it, a very special ring. Bilbo uses the ring after outsmarting Gollum in a game of riddles, but you just know at some point Gollum will be back in other stories because I could tell Tolkien had fun writing this very character.  On this adventure quest, as it came to be known as the character of Bilbo happens to save his dwarves companions quite a few times over, proving without a doubt that size really does NOT factor into being any kind of a hero, but what does is the size of the one who is trying heart that makes you who you are in the way of this yarn. To me the one part of the book that is disappointing outside of what I spoke of before about the three way type of narrative prose which is great in this way that I can tell you for sure and that is, if you write anything at all from only one view point that leaves your audience in the dark right, or for that matter any other artist that would/will want make a different take of your work have a very hard time translating it to what you meant it to be as a whole. Still the one part that I found to be very short on was the part of the Granaymer dragon character in this known as Smaung the Magnificent wasn't very long at all I mean he guards a great treasure of the dwarves only to dissimulate a town called Mirkwood, then is killed. Over all to me I think the best part of "THE HOBBIT" was how Tolkien forged not only great battles  of goblins, men dwarves into an epic experience for every reader of the body of work, I without a doubt loved his camaraderie ofeach and every character best of all!                

No comments: