December 22, 2011

A cool stocking stuffer, even through I won't be having a stocking by the fire place


It so close to here isn't it though.....
Can anyone really believe how super close the day known as Christmas is away right now?, well for all of the children of the planet earth (me I am in there as well it's only three days away...) I want to talk about stocking stuffers. I know children of any age really, really, really can not wait to get up on Christmas morn when your parents are still very much in the land of zzzzs to see what is under that bright lit up green tree with all of the presents beneath it ( NO kid can deny it you just can't believe me, I know....). Well where I live I don't have a fireplace where I can hang a stocking from to put the little things Santa brings you, although I guess for next year I can always try hanging a stocking off of my kitchen counter where I happen to have my own stocking stuffers as you can all see .
I know most everyone loves a little candy on that morning I mostly remember my brother and sister and I got either the storybook Lifesavers candy boxes or those chocolate covered sticks also I think one or two years when we were tykes I recall the Chinese wrapper candies you could eat along with the candies. Yet I also remember, my grandaddy Ben Powers loving that top box of milk chocolate covered cherries every Christmas morning or actually anytime he could buy them year around. The two bottom ones are chocolate covered blue berries which are new this year I know I love those and when I saw them on our holiday selection shelf at work I knew that I had to keep the promise to at least try them. So I shall come Sunday morning regardless that I don't have a stocking to reach into and pull them out of, aw well you can't win all the time huh? I will enjoy them anyway in the coming year.

No comments: