November 17, 2011

Certainly better than anything good ol Cookie monster can offer or even want....


Greetings,
Today's number is fifty even. What are you counting your asking right?, well today after I had brought in my third round of grocery carts my boss Kelsey came up to me and said "Hey Matt I want to talk with you for a moment do you mind?" For a brief second I was sure I was in some trouble for something I had done earlier today for some reason, so I said "Sure where do you want to go I had asked. I saw that we were on the outskirts of the bread aisle, which is adjacent to both the Bakery and the Produce departments. Kelsey had ask me "If I wouldn't mind handling a card program directed at kids since everyone knows how you are around kid I think you'd be prefect for this..." I was now excited because for sure everyone knows how I am around kids at the store anyway. I had her tell me more about this card program, she showed me this card that in the left corner it says Kids Club and on the right size of the card it had a small set of pictures of a group of Bananas and behind it a couple of Apples. Kelsey told me that this new program was meant to get kids a option over a cookie and that she wanted me to be the designated courtesy clerk to hand out to every kid I know. She gave me fifty cards, as soon as I handed out my first four I started to keep track of how many I had left. A couple of hours before I left to head home I had handed all of them out and I felt like I was finally in a right environment for myself in charge of a simple project that will have great benefits because here is how the card works, the child signs their name on the front of the card and gets one of either fruit on the card for FREE just by handing it to the cashier and the cashier scans it after weighting the fruit of the child's choice and hands them or in the case of them being with a parent hand it back to them. The coolest thing about this card is it won't go and expire till mid August of next year. So if you happen to have any kids and visit your local Albertson's or Super Vale in some parts of the united states just ask your bagger or courtesy clerk for a KIDS CLUB card and see what happens.....besides a cookie maybe tastier than a Apple or a Banana but think of this at that said moment, fruit will give you more energy than a sugar rush which is what you only get from a cookie anyway, yet in the end I know the choice is yours kiddo......

1 comment:

Nancy Watson said...

What a wonderful thing for Albertsons to do. I think they chose the perfect person to hand out the cards at your store. Good post.