June 22, 2010

Many kid things happening today


Hey all.
By kid things, I don't just mean relating to children only. I mean a few other types of kid type thinking is what I felt like for the whole day myself. My friend that I was talking about a few weeks ago named Mason came into the store with his grand parents to give his mother some relief time of having the excitement of having a new baby. And boy like any BIG Brother he was filled with glee just as much as his mom was. I remember asking "Mason how are you liking it with your new baby brother here now?" his face widen into a great big smile and he said "I love him and guess what Matt?" I of course replied "What Mason what is it?" h
e said "I also got to hold him too and you know what else Matt?, I just love him because he's my brother", this brought a smile to my own face as well. Mason went with his grandparents to get something for his mother, but before doings so he and I went over to where we have musical sound greeting cards and I pointed out some classic characters to him like POPEYE the sailor man, among other kids cards to go with the with the flowers that his grandma was getting for his mother, I was just thinking it would be cool if Mason gave his mother something as well. Later in the day my other little friend that I've known almost forever named Gabbi came shopping with her mom Lisa and like always I spent some time with them while loading their car with their groceries listening to Gabbi's excitement over the past few days and a "WHAT IF Gabbi was President story of what would she do?", after helping them I went to go collect more shopping charts. Lisa honked at me as she circled the parking lot to tell me that Gabbi had just proved what a great little girl she is. Gabbi had asked her mom "Hey Mommy do you know why Matt is so very good at what he does?" and Lisa said, "Well why don't you figure it out, but why Gabbi?" Gabbi went on to say " I know why he's good at what he does...and it's because he is so kind". When Lisa told me this it of course brought me a great big inner smile for the rest of the day. Then I was talking to another Albertson's employee about the mailing brown paper you'd use around cardboard boxes from a long time ago, I'd asked her if she ever remember having a grown up draw her body's outline on it. I then asked her how would she fill in with something like her favorite toys she played with or maybe even how she'd see herself later on in life. I of course shared what I did to those in someways, like I liked superheroes even back then and yes I'd even fill my own outline with them but one time I remember making myself into a fireman at least from one time that I can remember. She told me something she recalled as a kid having fun with. So after sharing all of these stories and memories with you all, I can safely say sometimes life as a kid maybe challenging at times or maybe not, but at least you can have fun in BIG WAYS. So hopefully for all adults reading this have a chance to remember being a kid again.

1 comment:

Nancy Watson said...

Matt, Great posting. I really enjoyed reading this.....and YOU ARE VERY KIND. I love you. Mom