June 16, 2010

Cool Desert Nights Pt.II: The race for pancakes



Car Racers & Roadies,
In yesterday's installment I talked about a local event here in the Tri Cities area that happens just after summer, it's known as and since I wanted this subject to have more than one outlook this year I decided to make it a four part series, with the last two parts coming our way next week when it happens this year. (You are all wondering I'm sure why is that all the blog postings from here at Day life of the Matt are coming out RED,PURPLE,GREEN,BLUE,GREY alot lately is because I am preparing to release a posting from last year that will follow up this year in August about Disney buying Marvel one year ago). I had promised in the last posting to tell you all about the history of the event known as Cool Desert Nights, when I realized in the start of Part II: the race for pancakes that I had totally forgotten to share that very note. Here is how old Cool Desert Nights is seventeen years of age, I had thought it was at least twenty or twenty two years old myself as I got to thinking about writing a series on COOL DESERT NIGHTS type of blogs for two thousand and ten.
Ya remember this image from last time too I'm sure ,and you thinking all of all sudden what a Hoggsiter zipping through the car race, I forgot to share with you there is also an event called HOGS and DOGS that run with cool desert nights it just in another part of the TRI CITIES. The race is held this year on June 25th with one also on the 24th as well. They cook things up real nice like for all the participates, who enter a automobile just as fans from all around enjoy the two hour race. On Saturday morning in Jefferson park they have a huge community pancake feast put on by one of the local community civic clubs. Last year after looking around at the cars that were all over the park and uptown I ran into these two sand playing kids and their parents. They are Heidi & Cannon Byrd my nephew and niece, after joining up with them we took a look around at all the cars on the park side. Here is Cannon just "chillin" looking at a "Back to the Future" type of car. I'd have to say that Heidi likes the De Lorean best from how she look at it as her "Future type of cool car".

No comments: