January 28, 2011

Today's my Last Day


Yes that is so very right today was my last day of working at Albertson's, but not in the way your all thinking of. I didn't quit or get fired at at all in fact all that I can say is that trying to get back to MY FORM of NORMALCY of work will be a little hard at first on Monday afternoon when I start at twelve on the dot. For the past two months I have been working the day shift at ABLY's that's my own little nickname for Albertson's. Well at first it was because the store's other main courtesy clerk went on vacation over the moth of December with his wife to see her side of the family, since they hadn't been able to for quite a while before because of a little thing known as life. So of course it wasn't at all hard for me to get into the grove of getting up at six a.m. to be able to be at work at eight. Well a little bit of a small fib there it was a wee bit hard the first two day of the first week of December, my work times allowed me me to get off at three thirty in the afternoon for the first two weeks and I remembered that this series of Star Trek was on my second channel 42, see I don't have cable, but with my tv you'd think I want it for sure right but I'm never home to really watch it ever so an antenna's better known as (Rabbit Ears) suits this young whippersnapper just fine. Also I got to spend a few times getting to see one of my many bus driver friends which had helped me with laughter of joy since my dad's passing. I also got to shop for Christmas presents without being pressed for time, I also got to go to a Christmas event at my church which I probably would have missed if I was working my regular time. At the end of the second week of this month I was already to turn back over the reins but, alas I couldn't just yet for Jose who's the normal morning opener had to be over in produce for a while till a manger for the department could be found for a while there wasn't anyone running the department and as far as I now know on Monday that said manger will be in place and Jose will be back to opening again....I just hope it will be easy for me to fall back into my old routine after such a long break of time I'm pretty sure I won't have it to rough so back to a midday time slot I go.

2 comments:

Laurel.Elise said...

you had me worried that you weren't working at albys anymore!

Matt said...

Perish that very thought, I'd NEVER leave a place I've come to know as my home away from home. In the work sense....