January 16, 2011

My first STAR TREK MARATHON of 2011


It has actually been a very lllllooooonnngggggg time since I have had myself Matt A true Star Trek type of Marathon with my big screen forty two inch screen television. This morning I certainly changed that by starting at a little after nine am, I put into my DVD player the first disc of the original series season two

, which the night before I watch all of the special features on it just not the two listed episodes which were "Amok Time" & "Who mourns for Adonais?". When I got done with that disc I plopped in disc seven of the eight disc set, and watched "Return to Tomorrow", and "By Any other name". I then went an decided to watch the best two parter of Star Trek The Next Generation which is none other than "The Best of Both worlds" I watched this from the DVD set called STAR TREK BORG FAN COLLECTIVE

, I do not have the whole series of Next Gen on DVD yet (maybe someday I will). I was craving to see the mirror universe episodes of STAR TREK today for I wanted to see how it flowed from one generation to another (hey your saying to yourself how can that be the next generation NEVER EVER did a "mirror universe" episode did it and I never saw it?) what I'm talking about is the series that followed the Next Generation known as DS-9 went and had a whole set of Mirror Universe story lines in the course of it's run. Yet the Next Gen crew did have a "Mirror Universe" novel called Dark Mirror, so sorry for that little distraction for a lead into the episode called "Mirror, Mirror" of the original series. After watching "Mirror, Mirror" I went right into the Deep Space Nine, second season episode entitled "Crossover", where Major Kira meets her mirrored self known as intent Kira . I finished my first STAR TREK MARATHON for 2011 with the Deep Space Nine two parter Past Tense, which is one of that series one of many highlights (to me anyway). It deals with civil uprising if Star Fleet never existed,

it also hints at what may yet be coming for us as a society if we NEVER LEARN to get along with one another at all. Yet always STAR TREK is ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT LEARN TO IMPROVE YOURSELF if nothing else?

1 comment:

Matt said...

I'm not sure when, but I will be having another ST marathon later through out the year. So don't be surprised if another one should pop up at any given moment.