January 08, 2011

Boy it sure is crazy when your heater acts up......


Before I go into this story of my heater definitely NOT working for the past two days, that this is how a action comic strip newspaper wise or other DOES WORK, (NOW look at this and tell me, don't you just wonder has this creature been underground for far too long... Just asking I am?). Since Thursday at three forty five in the afternoon I have had my place feel like a fire pit from well I'm not going to be coy here HELL, Ethel and I went to just go to where I bank only to get away from it for just a few minutes of time on that evening. I sure as heck needed no blankets at all that night either, when I went to work on Friday at a little after ten am I called the management of my house duplex to let them know what was wrong with my heater (see we had a fire test here of the alarms so initially I thought this was how my heater was so off) only to find out on my track phone later in the evening didn't hear what I was telling them so I called them again and told them of my delirium and they got me in touch with the maintenance man he thought when I was talking to him I was by my electric box but I wasn't of course. So he told me he would be over here throughout Saturday and I told him I could meet up with him only that my Men's Breakfast at the Cathedral of Joy would keep me away only a little if he needed in it was oked by me if I weren't here when he came over. Well rules are rules no matter where you live I guess and even management in any form NEEDS the tenet's say so to fix things. Anyway this morning as you can see I have this posting listed VERY, VERY, VERY early well this was because I just couldn't sleep with the sauna type of temperature at all. I went to my church's Saturday morning breakfast only to find out that the maintenance man hadn't been by at just a little after nine am so I called him and he said he'd be by ten, so I gave the video game that I recently shared about on here about a try only to have no luck for now at any rate. When the maintenance man came over he show me what he meant at the electric box so for most of today I have had the furnace off and my front door & windows opened most of the day. At two I flipped it back on to have it still be a fire pit in my house, so I called the maintenance man and he said they would contact the heater company on Monday and to only do the heat manually if I needed it for the rest of the weekend, which I'm fine with, but there is a funny note to end on here and that is a few years ago I had the same problem in reverse though, so instead of it being to warm in here it was like I was in a ICE BOX which wasn't any better than what I'm dealing with right now.

2 comments:

Nancy Watson said...

Please let us know when it is all repaired. I guess turning the heat on manually is better than having it run full blast all the time.

Matt said...

Hey Mom & Chuck, My heater was fixed while I was at work on Monday the 10th of January, and it is now working just fine.Yes your right about working it manually when it is broken which is what I did all day Saturday like I said I did.