January 25, 2011

Something I most definitely should checkout.....


You all know I love my entrainment to be fast paced if nothing else of my type of viewing movies or television shows or as there are also known as if they run for years the "Series". I can even remember this "Something" that I'm talking about today being a rival for this series which you all know I can NEVER

stop talking about because of how enriched in our lives with it's hope for the future. It also rivaled another big franchised science fiction movie of the time known as . Which was the fourth part of a two part set of two trilogies that were much like the old Saturday matinee features before a main picture in the nineteen thirties & forties still even more till the mid nineteen fifties, they were known as shorts. At any rate this series was created by the fellow who came up with this
talking car show in the nineteen eighties. The gentleman's name is Glenn Larson in the late seventies to compete with the Big boys known as Lucas & Roddenberry he came up with a movie of the week television production entitled Battlestar Galactica. This was a lot like Star Trek the original series while it ran in the fall of nineteen seventy nine, in fact it ran for one season which was still even back then composed of 26 hours ( I wish any series running today, was that long at all.) The Series was about these machines known as Cylons that are looking for their place in the vast universe and have to fight humans
led by Loren Greene in fight to save all of humanity. When I was little I passed this little show a couple of times it was paired with Buck Rogers in the 25th century on cable's associated affiliate of our local CBS network KSTW channel 11, I for some reason at the time preferred the latter. I then back in nineteen eighty six saw it again paired with the same show in Columbus Georgia on my aunt's TV but something, I'm not sure what it was but whatever it was wanted me to watch it since I was spending time at her and her husband's house, that year....still I'm not sure if it ever impacted me like other SCI-FI series did at the time.
So come twenty one years later in two thousand and five Chuck, my mother, I, and my step brother Lyle went to Elk River Minnesota via Amtrack train to go and celebrate this little girl named Portia Mickleson's recovery from a childhood form of cancer much like leukemia. Her favorite color is Purple, what young girl doesn't like that color her party was adorned with every thing Purple, well before we left on the Amtrack back to Washington we toured Minnesota for a day and one of our stops was the MALL OF AMERICA one the store I found there was one I knew here at the Columbia Center in Kennwick known as Sun Coast movie house, well at that one I found the
and still on the train ride back I couldn't get into this "NEW TAKE ON Battlestar Galactica, and for some reason like back in nineteen eighty six I was psyched for it still. A few months later in April of two thousand five I finally gave in and watched the whole one hundred and ninety seven minutes an two seconds "Boy now don't I sound like

(Lt. Commander Data)
from the Next Gen?...." Well after watching it I had to know what the blue blazes happen next, so I went back to Sun Coast at Columbia center and pick up season one of the new series I then watch up to two discs and put it away again. I then in two thousand and eight lent it to the person I was sharing about in Sunday's posting and they said "Do you have season two of that, it's very well done" I told the person "No I don't but it really is that superb?, huh?" So the person bought each forthcoming season with the exception of the latter part of season four, they then gave them to me for half of what they paid for them which ain't bad I guess huh?, So just the other day I was looking at my Facebook friends and found that Kathie my sister inlaw was watching the thing on Netflix. So this got me thinking of ALL the people whom have told me how much it would be wroth my time to invest in BSG and ALL of the times I have cut it to pieces an NOT KNOWING WHY..... I now KNOW it's time to give this the Matt's Green light and just go with it, which I gonna do right now....

No comments: