November 28, 2010

Something I talked about before, but just haven't read yet....


Now where to start with this would be, that this is most definitely about the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN newspaper daily strip on two fronts. If we can take a moment to grieve with May Parker for a second and realize that Stan Lee is at last for a great long time not had Aunt May in the strip in at least (now this isn't including the storyline with Peter and Mary Jane being single people because of a still very awful attempt to please the writers & editors at Marvel comics till this very day which started in the latter part of two thousand and eight), in fact I'm NOT sure when she was last in the newspaper strip normally. Here Stan is addressing May being alone since the death of her beloved husband Ben Parker which brings for me as a reader of the daily strip a lot more understanding of wanting so much to finding a young lady to care about in some way since I'm still dealing with my dad's death from earlier this month. Now when Stan started telling these newspaper adventures way back in nineteen seventy seven he had May smitten by Spider foe Doc Ock for the time he loved that comic book dynamic of Gerry Conway (you all should know what he was famous for in Spider-Man history), had Aunt May falling for the mad multi tentacled foe in a caring type of way that almost led to marriage,

so Stan started playing up that angle of Parker's greatest foe shacking up with his aunt in the daily newspaper strip as well. So I'm just wondering WILL we get a great match up of a fight between Doctor Octopus and ol Moley who has the sweet old lady here to marry in his underground kingdom. It would be a shame if Stan didn't at least give this little yarn an ultimate twist in that kinda way. So what is the second front I happen to be referring to about this strip your asking right?, Well if all of you can recall a post from last November entitled "A gem indeed worth sharing about" I was talking about this

book that has the Newspaper strips from the very beginning and truly I have only read it up to the start of the third story arc's start, that was back in the earlier part of this year sometime in January or maybe it was in March I'm not sure really, but reading this right now while I'm sorting out my own unsureness of how to deal with my dad not here will be good for me in recalling why I loved him. Not because of the stories mind you, it will help to see my dad as a hero like he really was a man with his own share of problems in his life and understand in my own way his decisions as best as a dad he could make for himself. Also the reason I want to read this is because they are all black & white including the normally "Sunday strip", like today's is in color above, but when they get to these stories, (who knows what the volume # will be), it will be as it should be according to story boarding before they go to print. Here is what I get to look forward to at some point in what story this is I'm not sure?, but I know it will be fun to read something about Spider-Man that is consistently better than the monthly comic put out by Marvel for now at any rate.

No comments: