November 05, 2010

Sharing a story about my dad one of many


Hey everyone,
I'd like to share that said story I brought up in my "Goodbye Daddy" entree about tearing up that back bathroom on the Hoxie house. It's a great one I'll tell you that already for sure, it was on a Sunday morning back in nineteen eighty and from what I recall I'd already had my share excitement from running around outside and I needed to go the restroom but I remember my sister Kylie was in the main one so I went to my parents bedroom for that was where the only other bathroom was in the house. I had shut the wooden sliding doo
r and then somehow could not open the door to get out. My folks from how my mom tells me were looking for me everywhere all over the neighborhood and asking my brother and sister where could that rascal little boy named Matt could be, Meanwhile I was desperate to get out of the rest room anyway I could see when I was that young both Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk were my idols but only The Incredible Hulk had a real life show on at the time. Well to say I didn't try to make myself mad and become "Green" like how that David Banner guy did on the show was let's say a bit of a understatement to say in the very least? UH-OH is very right if that is what your thinking?, I had found my inner strength but I didn't at all become "Green" I had torn off the towel bar and beat the holly heck out of the bathroom's walls and that was after I torn up all the rest of what could of the toilet paper in there as well. My mom had gotten sick with worry and called all my friends outside of our neighborhood only to find out that they to had not seen me that Sunday. Finally at about four o'clock pm I heard my mom calling my name by this time I'd fallen asleep on the towels that were now only on the floor since I used the towel bar as a means of escape if I could ever get out of there. Now here is where it is fuzzy to me my dad had to go out to the garage I think and get his power drill and cut through the little metal lock area on the door or he used a coat hanger, but I know in my head it was the latter. When he got me out of there I just remember crying because I was finally able to live my life again till he saw what the wailing I'd given to the walls in there was like. He whipped my butt and then we he and I talked for a good half hour I think?, because I seem to recall that we had to get the reason of my trying to get out of there explained and I remember I said "Daddy I just tired to use my HULK POWERS to get out of there and I'm sorry for it." Then he leaned down we were in their bedroom at this point and he hugged me and said "Daddy is NOT mad at you son I was like your mother just worried about you, would like for us to get some ice cream will that make you feel much better with your brother and little sister me at Dairy Queen?" I remember saying "could we try out that Basket and Robbins instead please?" He said "Dairy Queen is closer for right now okay?" I nodded my head and we got into the car and head to Dairy Queen and got some Dilly Bars that was my dad's favorite ice cream there.

No comments: