August 06, 2011

Week long build up to Hanford High's "class of 91 class reunion" pt. 3 of 10......


Hail the year remembered as 1991,
When you have been through three years of high school (grades ninth through eleventh) most anyone is all set for the fourth coming year
number four better known as one's senior year. Well I was and wasn't ready for it, (more on this real soon). I remember getting at least half of the monies together for these
from my paper route that I had had since my sophomore summer and yes I was still just starting to get into the mega collector stage with all Spider-Man comics of that time as well. So why is it that we always strive when we are young for the different poses when we grab our given moment for the thing called the yearbook. Outside of the plain obvious, for moments like this to reflect on the past it also shows a hint of one hopes for the future as well, I can still remember before that year started for school the class picnic down at Leslie Grove park, we in a sense all got to say "How was your summer?" to our best friends and some new ones as well or at least for me it was that way in part. At the end of October of this year every one of the senior class got to send out to family and friends far away these at the bottom of the very same picture a class of 91 invite to come to see their proudest moment in life so far. Here is what they read like on the inside of the invitation "Baccalaureate Wednesday evening, May twenty-ninth seven o'clock Christ the King church, The class of Nineteen Hundred Ninety-one Hanford High School announces it's Commencement Exercises Friday evening June seventh seven-thirty o'clock Falcon Gymnasium, Class Motto To Accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe." I seem to recall something very special came with the one I had sent to Columbus Georgia when my mother's parents and a aunt came for the said event known as Graduation.......

No comments: