October 03, 2011

Birthday time, yet again but who's is it?


Hello,
Boy I still can't believe it, I happen to have another person that I know turning yet another year older today. In fact this month is loaded with many birthdays of family as well, my mother and Chuck have a couple of days in between their special days which is truly awesome I'm sure that they love it, that they don't have to be "our birthdays are to far apart to remember". I am also sure that one of the two girls that went with us to Cuecna, has one this month as well, I just can't recall what her actual day is! The person I want to share about is my Korean American friend and pal named Chan Hu. I first remember our getting to know one another in Choir practice on the early weeks of September in nineteen eighty seven, we then found out we both had Home encomiums, as well together and we shared the same lunch hour in the cafetiere at Wottton high school. In a few short days in the last week of September he asked me "Would you like to come to my birthday party on October third?" I had said "Sure, why not I don't have plans that night, which was a Saturday" so I had him give me his address for we had just moved to one part of Gaitherburg to another part of the same town. When he gave me his address I realized he actually lived just a couple of blocks over from where we lived. At his party was the first time I had tried sushi, I can say it was a experience that really started to open my taste buds to new heights of exploration many times over. Chan is two years older than me, and I know that he cares for our friendship by coming out here to Washington state during my big last event of high school, a thing called Graduation. Chan and I have stayed in touch since that time mostly by the telephone over the years, and if I can't call him today on his very special day I hope he knows he is a great friend no matter what.....again Happy Birthday Chan I hope you have a great day in whatever you end up doing?

No comments: