December 07, 2010

Pearl Habor: Rememberance of December 7th 1941


Can I ask you what world related event sticks out to you like a sore more than any other in recent times, that affected not just you alone, but brought everyone around the world together?, would it be the BP oil spill
from in this past April while I happen to be visiting my mother and Chuck in Cuenca Ecuador?, or would it be the big hurricane known as Katrina that occurred in 2002 in New Orleans in the state of Louisiana?, Remember I just said it brought the whole world to see how horrible things can be at times, "and sure as a bee loves honey" these other two events I mentioned just now bring to light a disaster for sure. I did forget to mention this event also brought about a ongoing war that hasn't ended even till today in fact, I of course mean the event on 9/11. The war on terror itself goes even further back than that sad day. I want to now take a moment and have most everyone who reads this to remember you may not or maybe you were alive when the Japanese Imperial air attack on Pearl Harbor began at 7:15 am (I'm pretty sure that close to when America was brought into World War II) over sixty eight years ago. I hope that to all future generations of people learn to respect the horrors and honors of our place and theirs in human history, for we shall always have to remember them anyway. For we must always remember we cannot change our past for all of us, but maybe just maybe we can choose to change what happens for each of ourselves by the choices we make from today forward. So if you know a Pearl Harbor vet or a relative of a Pearl Harbor vet be sure to thank them for what they did today on Pearl Harbor Day so long ago......

No comments: