May 12, 2014

Off to a place known as Mount Rushmore, EVEntually..........pt. III of X


Hello again from the Midwest tour of Matt Byrd's 2014 time out stops from his workplace known better as Albertsons,

Well after all the fun of getting to see parts of my family that I haven't been able to see forever, yesterday and 
 
 
all that playing in the Harvest Grove community swimming pool 
 
were fun, yeah for sure! Yet the fun wasn't anywhere near done with the Mickelson kids at all, in fact while we were finishing up our time swimming was the first that I had heard from the kids themselves that they all wanted me to spend time with them at their house in Morrill, Minnesota which is a good two and half hour drive out from the twin cites area. So last night, with all of them I saw the movie "FROZEN" since I only saw Olaf's summer song part of the film on a lab top through a phone connection thank you Portia for finding the clip while your dad hooked up the sound system at the party. I just couldn't believe your (my brother Michael Byrd wasn't there to help with that...) I know he'd just say "it's your vacation time not mine, brother although I would love to go if I could with my family, too." Now here this morning as we at the Mickelson family home are waiting for Mimi and Poppi for some readers to get here from the Harvest Grove hotel called Cambria suites.... I was treated to the history of knowing of the Mickelson kids greatest foray into creativity it is known as "DARKNESS PARTY" which Portia told me she got the idea from some friends of hers when she was thirteen years old and back then the Mickelson family lived in Hillman, Minnesota. They do it two times a year and since they now live with woods behind their house it is even more effective than ever or so I have been told? It was Portia , KylaMay , JoyAlaia, RavenLeigh, Autumn Rose and their brother Nathaniel all showed me the old lady's kitchen seen here 
and other parts of their personal woods of play while I walked their dog named Jacks. We then had Mimi (Nancy Watson, my mother) and Poppi (Chuck Watson, my step dad) eventually come to make slaw dogs. What are "Slaw Dogs, huh?" I'll tell you that they are hot dogs covered in chili and coleslaw and all the kids loved them, for Mimi made them. Poppi had brought his extra suitcase
full of gifts from Cuenca, Ecuador the kids all enjoyed everything, he gave them. We played a game of "Apples for Apples" that is kinda like charades, where one player gives the others a topic to figure out what the answers are then the other players try and put out their best answers from the cards they are holding.....it was fun because the game is for up to four to eight players at a time so since there were thirteen of us playing the game. We played in groups of threes and did it ever get silly, oh heck yes it was that for sure! Before we left Merri and the children Bethany Pagie and her sister Petra showed off their 
 
"DARKNESS PARTY  costumes" to us their guests. One last thing before we went on to the next part of my vacation to Mount Rushmore Poppi was able  to have this great 
 photo op with seven of his eight granddaughters just how cool is that? for he could use it as his Facebook wall picture or something even cooler I don't know of, but he and my mom will have it for sure as their computer screen saver I'm just hoping anyway? 

To Be Continued.....   
      

No comments: