May 11, 2014

Off to a place known as Mount Rushmore, EVentually........pt II. of X



Hello all,
                 Well so how is everyone, doing for this fine Sunday evening? for many of you it is just the end of the weekend and you'll have to return to whatever you nick name your workplace...... if your my young ripe age of four hundred and twenty years young, but of course I Matt Byrd am not really that old in life, still a joker none the less, I am really forty two if you know by these words that I the writer are meant to be the truth. You know that from the past two entries I am now on my yearly vacation for this year, and after last night's dinner with my mom and Chuck at the place seen here

in the small town near Minneapolis, Minnesota, called Harvest Grove, we all had a little something different to eat at CHIPOTLE which as far as I know is a mid western chain of restaurants. I had a steak burrito, while my mom had  salad and Chuck had a different topping burrito than me. It was as you can tell 

really good. Still last if my mom wasn't resting in the wee early evening we would of had dinner with Merri's second child Paris away from her high school campus......but all well, today is a new day, and yet when I woke up this morning I knew I had forgotten something for one the three kids having a party today at Paris school which is called Perpich high seen here.
      
what I forgot was a birthday card for one them while for Portia I had also a long awaiting gift of Albertsons old card you had to have to get savings as a shopper. So we went over to "Target" which for anyone reading this wants to know Target stores originated in Minnesota and the one that was closet to us was just across the street from where we were staying.We all went in while I got a card from there for Kayla Mae and I got a pair of BIC writing pens as well, we then headed out for Perpich high school which was about a half hour drive. When we got there we had expect Paris to be our greeter on school grounds, but instead it was Merri's oldest Portia who showed us the way to the party room and Nathaniel open the doors since the front was in need of repair. This was one of three most important things I had planned for this very trip seeing family that I hadn't last seen since two thousand and two, so this a very special treat for sure! There were three themes going on at once a "AVENGERS", "FROZEN", and finally a "LORD OF THE RINGS", I was Raven Lee's Olaf  
snowman from "FROZEN", she is the one sitting in stripped shirt. Here are the three party 
 
girls with their cakes Kayla Mae, Raven Lee, and Paige with their Avenging brother Nathaniel beside Kayla Mae and all those kids are watched over by Joshua. While everyone was cleaning up after the party I was granted a outside tour of the school by Portia and Kayla Mae and Nathaniel Here is Portia showing me 
,some art on the wall of the arts building. They also showed me these two sided other art walls
Portia when she was going to school here, was on one of these walls with her guitar for her senior photo and if you look hard enough you'll find it in this blog somewhere like her birthday month. We were playing on the swings till when Merri and Ken brought their van around to take us to Harvest Grove's community swimming pool where Chuck and I besides Ken and Merri were swimming for at least two and half hours. And here is my actual only photo 

with the whole Mickelson bunch! 
To Be Continued.....

1 comment:

Merri said...

It was a Birthday Party to remember that's for sure, extra special because Uncle Matt is so much fun!!

Thanks for including us in your vacation.