September 29, 2011

One Second After


Hello mighty reader of great blog words,
My reading choice over the last two months is a novel called "One Second After", now I am sure some LOST fans will find this one a mystery of sorts in how it is a whole different take of a "EMP" wait, what the sam phaser taser blaster is that a acronym for your asking huh?, it stand for Electromagnetic pulse and even though this aint about Lost a "EMP" was the explanation how the famous Oceanic airliner came to be on the island. Oh and something about pushing a certain button every hundred and eight minutes or else something would happen?, that was for all you non lost fans, as if I couldn't resist? "One Second After" was my f
irst choice from my summer reading list entry and here is why it takes place in the state I was born in, which is why I wanted this to be the first one I devoured also it had a pretty catchy cover as you can see

, it is written much like most stories that deal with the plausible end of the world scenarios such as "Fail Safe", "Testament,"On the Beach" or even the great satire comedy movies "Doctor Strangelove or how I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb" (one of my favorites I gotta admit it) Without giving away the plot for those who will wanna peek at it, all I will say is there are only a couple of great things that happen in such a wrenching story of great despair.

No comments: