September 06, 2011

Happy B-Day to Portia Mickleson


I knew that sooner or later when I came to this date something important would pop into my mind to write about even if it would have been my own short story type of ramblings. Today seventeen years ago something very special had happen in the outskirts of a small Washington state town called Spokane, well technical in a small suburb of Spokane a place known as Cheney Washington where two very young collage students named Merri & Ken Mickleson had only a few short years earlier had decided that they wanted to spend their two lives as one. Yet today is for their daughter Portia Elizabeth Mickleson. Who today turns seventeen. Portia is the first of many to what became known as the Knot, and to me the first of thirteen nieces & nephews. I do think that Merri & Ken are showing here ,when they came to visit us when we lived at the Davison house back then that they could even take care of super powered dolls like this one of Spider-Man from the Target store in Kennewick Washington. Also I think Portia at the time agreed she kinda loved Spidey
as her uncle Matt does with playing with mommy's and daddy's new baby play toy that I got for her, even though she had a sister on the way. Portia as I have mentioned before has had her trials and tribulations and each time she has proven her true strength comes from three very important things, I will try to put them in the order that I think that she love them in 1, Her faith in GOD, 2, Her loving family both far and near to her always, 3, Her friends and mostly love growing into the young lady that she is turning into. Portia joined this blog as y
ou know with the posting of "Colors of the days of the week" and commented on it as well that well you can see what she wrote for yourselves if you wish, as far as I can recall when she was little I think she mostly loved Purple so that's why I am writing in her favorite kid color. Earlier I was showing photo of Portia as a infant but here is one I almost forgot

about from when she was about two and got paste in her hair (sorry Portia but it's true you did have that happen) yet you can see the image isn't one of true embarrassment it with her being held by her grandma or "Mimi's", which grandma is known as father Ben Powers with uncle Matt in there for good measure as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is Happy Birthday, Portia your always on my mind as is the rest of the Mickleson knot is a lot times, but today is yours so enjoy all that you do special one!

No comments: