September 06, 2013

Portia's Day always and forever.....



I still can't believe how special this very image is to me as well as the two young ladies in it, one that by the way happen to be celebrating something known as a Birthday......  




Hello all, 
Today is the passing of another great relative of mine having a very one of a kind day set aside just for her. Which of course means that one in this very sense means" Happy Birthday", most times when it comes to knowing if YOU know a kid that is related to one's self by way of family can be a tricky thing especially when there are so many miles between you. Still there are ways outside of a computer to tell someone that is those many miles away that you love them. I am just so curious as one individual "WE ALL" seem to have forgotten what a neat treat it is to get a letter or a card from family that makes us from time to time "Mad as heck", "Sad with tears" or just plain "Wanting to have a smile on our face" type of moments in our everyday lives. I sorry I got off track for a moment because I thought I was a postman for a second here, when what I should be is the ever loving uncle with the best kinda birthday present that money can't buy for a young lady seen here 

playing her guitar. Her name is Portia Mickleson she turns nineteen this very day, there really isn't a thing I can say of her as being a non seeker of the greatest wealth that there is out there and what is that your asking I'm sure of?, well what she and all of her other nine siblings go after is understanding Jesus power of love for all people no matter if they can do it right the first time out, they give of themselves from the soul. All of them learned of being humble by these two people known as mom and dad seen here.  
  Merri & Ken Mickleson have always known that by being so patience of giving each child of theirs a bit of  reflection of "HIS Grace" that each of them, weather they are really young or now in Portia's way of life going off to collage knows how to share from their own growth experiences......How to be so humble in love to everyone they know in their daily lives, and the matter of distance of miles matters not! Earlier this very morning I went to Portia's Facebook page and gave her a very meaningful message of how she and I both know Jesus power of being there for those who need someone to listen even when things are at a flexible way of at work for the given moment.The only part in my message to her that I forgot was showing her own example of how she's using the power of GOD'S Grace and that is she still helps out not only so much at home with her mom's homeschooling but also she still helps out in her local 4H club in a way that makes her relationship with Jesus all the more stronger, no matter if it is through her own way of learning or teaching at as her mom Merri always says in remembering her favorite verse of the bible: "At HIS feet, always learning......." Portia my dear niece, even if I do have some of this wrong in uncle Matt's birthday happiness in the way of bestowing a simple couple of words to you I  know that you understand that I love you very much on the day made just for you. About your talent I still have your very special piece of art that you made of uncle Matt making a very special image of art for you on your eighth birthday on my refrigerator here in my home. I do hope you do have a great HAPPY BIRTHDAY Portia.         

No comments: