October 23, 2012

He's still a father to me all the same.....


A grand bit of "Happy smiles for Chuck"
It just so happens that today is Chuck Watson's grand day of aging of course I mean it all together as a good thing not a bad thing at all.. The main thing that I will tell you is he maybe not always right or wrong as a human being, but as a father and a step father and as a "Poppi" that's his great name as a grand father he is still a very helpful and understandable person because when he can't help you he still doesn't give up he tries to help you over come whatever it is that sadden a very close family member. My mom had met him through fun activities  in nineteen eighty three she was trying her best to pull herself away from the separation of divorce with my father Micheal Byrd since a few years before. She did the right thing by this of waiting till she felt it was the right time to tell her three kids myself of course ,my younger brother Micheal   and my sister Kyilie. Chuck had a bit of a problem of expressing to his two teenagers that they were to have a new mother figure so to help gel us all together his daughter babysat us and with his son our bounds came a little later over that same time. We became a whole as a family on June fifth nineteen eighty five in the Richland community house which over looks Howard Amon park that I mentioned earlier this month in a whole other post. Chuck and my mom thought that besides them having vows of joining that we the five kids should as well. iIt might seem funny but I still recall our answer to the final vow which was answer wise "NO" I will write about it at some other time.  Here is Chuck from a year ago with 
me and his brother Larry and Larrys two sons Nathan   and Peter with their grand dad Lyle who was turning ninety eight at the time. We were heading to visit them in where they now live in Cuenca Ecuador with two of his daughter's many kids. Whom were prominently featured here over that trip from that latter part of May to early June in twenty eleven. Their names are Paige (Bethany)  and her older sister Petra              

, here we are with their friends Rich and Nancy at the Parque Calderon. Chuck has a fan fair with mini scooters and loves to garden a lot plants or food whenever he gets the chance. Besides everything that I have mentioned he loves to travel to places new anytime he and my mom can fit it in their schedule. Here he is with his granddaughter Heidi Byrd trying to point out how to operate a laser optic digital camera to heat a near empty two litter of Pepsi 

when he should know you would get a mess that way why not heat that cold pizza beside Heidi's Round Table Pizza's drinking cup! (I'm  just joking of course), still Chuck I do hope you enjoy your birthday all the same.  Happy Birthday and thanks for being a very grand father figure that you are.                        



3 comments:

Kylie said...

Nice blog today Matt

Matt said...

Thanks Kylie, I'm sure that Chuck will love it as much as you did reading it. I just hope that my one for mom's birthday entry won't be boring... I KNOW IT WON'T BE of course.

Nancy Watson said...

Matt, Chuck was very moved by your wonderful blog post. He said that he is not able to leave a comment and asked me to leave one for him.