April 16, 2012

Why does the "Last Supper" seem never ending in it's message?


Hello all,
For a very long time now, I have been picking up images that are related to the one many or most of us know from the
book of Matthew in the new testament of the bible that center around the most important meal the son that is the teacher of forgiveness had with his disciples. Here is a Leonardo DA Vinci's
depiction of "The Last Supper" where from the passage Matthew 26: 17-30 Jesus says "As YOU go into the city," he tells them, "YOU will see a certain man. Tell him,'The Teacher says,My time has come, and I will eat the Passover meal with my disciples at your house." So the disciples did as Jesus told them and prepared the Passover supper there. When it was evening, Jesus sat down at the table with his twelve disciples. While they were eating, he said "The truth is,one of you will betray me." Greatly distressed, one by one they began to ask him, "I'm not the one,am I Lord?" He replies " One of you who is eating with me now will betray me. For I the Son of Man, must die, as the scriptures declared long ago. But how terrible it will be for my betrayer. Far better for him if he had never been born!" Judas,the one who will betray him, also asked, "Teacher,I'm not the one,am I?" And Jesus says to him "You have said it yourself" As they were eating Jesus took a loaf of bread and asked GOD'S blessing on it. Then he broke it in pieces and gave it to the disciples, saying "Take it and eat it,for this is my body" And he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to GOD for it. He gave it to them and said "Each of You drink from it,for this is my blood, which seals the covenant between GOD and his people. It is poured out to forgive the sins of many. Mark my words-I will not drink wine again until the day I drink it new with you in my father's Kingdom." Then they sang a hymn and went out to the Mount of Olives.- This interpretation is from every man's Bible , which is the one I have had since late two thousand and one. Now I know that most of us as the fragile souls we are won't always understand the whole meaning of the Son of Man's words from that night, and it's because WE ALL en compress it as for how we think it needs to be for ourselves. But what WE forget is the actual meaning of the Last Supper which is about acceptance of sharing with all in any form of family. But as to why so many artists today go and depict the "Last Supper" in whatever form ,,,,,,,

is or has been to showing a end. And since my love of comics isn't by some chance forgotten or totally missed I found , this as well. (I would have loved to found one of the fellow on Sups left of the table with the white spider on the chest, ah well more searching on the net... or....) Finally Family should always include new outreaches so we can be open to friendships no matter where they come from? I hope that your upcoming dinner prayers are filled with care or least thankfulness of all that YOU have in your daily life.

No comments: