April 17, 2010

What I saw this morning on my portable DVD player

Find out all about the most popular Green Lantern AKA:( Hal Jordan) in a movie that I found brought me closer to understanding his Character even though I've never have read one of his many comic titles that he has been in and learn the medium I found him in instead.
This Saturday morning I got up pretty early even for someone on vacation in Cuenca I got up at six thirty but tried to sleep some more but couldn't so at seven oh five I decided to get up I wanted to read my V the second Generation



,but
I wanted to watch one of my many DVD movie I had brought with me on th
is very trip. At first I was thinking along the lines of that campy old BAT-MAN the movie

from b
ack when Adam West was the caped crusader and Burt ward was the boy wonder from way back before I was born way back in nineteen sixty six, but then decided I wanted a cartoon adventure not live action I had brought with me five animated features and two live action movies, the other live action movie I brought with me was Bicentennial Man (Which is really by sci-fi authors Issac Asimov & Robert Sivlerbreg the book was titled The Positronic Man, and happen to be Asimov's last published work before his death in nineteen ninety two) I was aching for some Saturday morning cartoons in a way so I chose this
I don't have the two disc set because I picked up my copy used at Christmas time for five for twenty from Block Buster behind Albretson's where I work. Some of you may remember Green Lantern from this cartoon series called "Challenge of the Superfriends" from the late nineteen seventies that had him versing Sintestro as his main adversary from the Legion of Doom this was where the super baddies had there base of operation. In this movie First Flight we learn of both Sintestro and how Hal Jordan became who they rightful are within the Detective Comics comic universe. We see that after a new type test flight for a space ship that Hal finds that his ship is powered by something he doesn't yet understand,when he looks around he see a advanced type of space ship has crashed with it pilot nearly dead and the pilot tells Jordan that the ring he is wearing has selected him as it's new bearer.
Then ring leaves the alien's hand and goes to Hal he wonders why it is glowing so?, he then is donned with a similar suit as the hurt alien he just tried to help.

This animated movie seems to have a couple popular stars in it from ALIAS & BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, it has Victor Garber who plays Jack Bristow the father of double agent Sydney Bristow played by Jennifer Grander, he plays the shifty Sintestro cop who leads the Green Lantern crops throughout the majority of the film. Say What?, isn't he the villain though you know that, but in this film he leads Hal in his first outing as Green Lantern while fooling everyone including Hal of the crops,
while trying to find the planet with the Lanterns fearful energy of Yellow.
Cyclon Number six, of BSG fame is played by Tricia Helfer, In Green Lantern First Flight she plays backup villainous female Green Lantern Boodikkka who is seen here

trying to find out what Hal knows of the Yellow energy or the planet where it is so she and Sintestro can eliminate all the other Lanterns and the Guardians as well. Their only hope is to find a way to reactivate their power source of the now fractured green powered Lantern, but how do they do this? Hal meanwhile has found out about Sintestro's but can't do a thing about it because the Guardians have banished him from the crops altogether.

He finds a way to earn their grac
e back by recharging the source of the Lantern by cracking the yellow energy out of it. Which this is what upsets Sintestro when he witnesses
what the newest Green Lantern member who he calls "Earth Boy"has done to put the Guardians back in charge of order to running th
e universe. By the end of this movie anyone who knows nothing of Green Lantern comic history (This would also include yours truly), feels that they have a bit of a grasp on that & that they didn't just waste a few bucks deciding to rent this DVD. It would help that you the viewer of this do or had a liking or love of the four color page world known as comics. Until you chose to see this or not always remember Hal Jordan will protect your planet known as Earth as the Green Lantern always.

No comments: