April 20, 2010

Banana Splits in Ecuador


Hey All,
I thought that since I'm down here in Ecuador and since I had one tonight for my dessert after my meal at the BQ I'd like talk about Banana Splits.

When was the last time that you had one of those three scoops of ice cream, two bananas, some chunks of pine apples, strawberries, whip cream and finally nuts or sprinkled candy toppings, I bet it has been a long time for most of you! I have always loved bananas since I was real little, I think it's mostly the taste I like the most about them. There are many ways I like to eat a banana besides as a banana split, I like one from time to time with my cereal, here my bowel of cereal from the other day at my folks kitchen table.

The other way I like a banana is as a sandwich with either mayo or with peanut butter. I also like one with other forms of ice cream just in a bowel by itself. My favorite flavor most of all is Chocolate with bananas. I from time to time like a banana milkshake or even better yet a Chocolate banana shake from places like ZIPS. I have to say that one time last year I saw a grilled banana with cheese melted into it in a store window when I was here in Cuenca before. These are a Ecuadorian favorite among the citizens of Ecuador. I among with most you would be scarred at least in a way I would be, but at the same time I'd at least be willing to trying it maybe once.I also like a good fruit salad with bananas in it as well. Since being down here in Cuenca a second time I have already had at least two this trip to speak of in the way of splits here's from when we had our walk last Sunday just outside of the town square of Cuenca. And the second one is my dessert from last night at the BQ just around the corner from my folks place of residency here in Cuenca. Also please remember that banana splits are custom for down here in Ecuador because Ecuador is the Banana capital of the whole world.

No comments: