April 16, 2010

What are Batidos?

Hey all,
So just what the heck is a Batido anyway your asking right?, Well what they are is like a milkshake kids love those right? but w
ould any kid love a Batido sure maybe they would if they were made of just ice cream like a milkshake is, hey your now asking what is in a Batido I will tell you in a minute after I show you a cousin to the Batido. Remember this image of me from "Just a couple more days and I'm off again!" This was my first time at the restaurant known as the BQ when I had my first trip here in Cuenca Ecuador, the drink I'm sipping is known as a Bananarama it is made with of course Bananas and then ice. A Batido is made with a fruit and ice. In my image that you see when I post on this blog is me with a
Batido. I have to say of all things drink wise here in Ecuador I do love these best! I did happen to find out just today April 16th here in Cuenca that they make actual chocolate ones

too. This was when my mom and I took some special ordered bedsheets to some Australian friends of hers and Chuck's that run a coffee shop in downtown Cuenca. When my mom offered to pay our bill (actually I was going to) the owner said "on the house"

No comments: