August 27, 2013

Maybe just maybe, it all means something but oh what?

Just whom is Earl Norem?, like you I know next to nothing of him but over the past few years I have.......Well READ ON to see where this goes? 




Hello All,
  Now before I start off with whatever the heck of topic that I'm writing about for today, I will without a doubt admit I left everyone just hanging of what in tar nation was I really talking about from yesterday. What I was talking about was a part of the blog site's interwoven workings of behind the scene stuff in the layout part of page design. What it was called of the topic was the change of my Faivcon, which only as far as I know of, because when I compose  one of these it appears.   Today though I want to chat about something that may reveal a lot about my desktop image for this month, or maybe not? still in a search for images related to another entry all together known as my favorite MOTU characters I had happen to come across 
 ,this grand fight of HE-MAN versus KING HISS of the snakemen. Which brought back even more fun times with that toy line I collected with my heart and soul,from when I was a kid. So what I wanna talk about today is that artist who made that image just about along with these 



of the days of the year known as 1987. Now before I go gaga over this I want you to all know to my greatest bit of childhood when I also got back to loving Anime again, and what better way than with what started it all off for me of
Our Star Blazers I remember my mom and I were at a toy store in Rockvile, Maryland called the The Wizard toys shop I had just found the Snakemen character of SSSQQQUUUZZZEEE that I needed to have to finish up my whole Snakemen collection, when I ran  into a young woman who had the Argo on her white Tee shirt, I raced around the store till I found my mom and we chatted for like fifteen minutes straight about nothing but STAR BLAZERS. I just don't know why I love to detract my train of thought as much as I do, but in truth it's because I have so much I wanna talk about at any one given time that I just can't contain myself. The man that I and millions of other kids of the early seventies grew to know as our generation's leading fantasy artist, was Earl Norem seen here at his art table

, was born on April seventeenth, nineteen twenty four and is now eighty nine years old had after his stint in armed forces end at the in of WW II, begun illustrating as far back as the year nineteen fifty while working for his good friend Martin Goodman of then TIMELY COMICS, which at around the time Marvel was only printed in captions till nineteen sixty two. As I said he also worked on other franchises besides HE-MAN and the masters of the universe, he has also done many novel covers as well. He has since two thousand and five retired from illustrating because of arthritis and also many of his contacts in getting him work have passed and or retired themselves. I know for sure I will be looking on the web for a lot of his art in the near future besides Masters of the universe pieces. 
   
Okay now here are today's parts to decide of the plate game   


As you can tell the final choice of today is the very last works of Mister Norem's from the short lived comic book series that was launched at the same time as the late two thousand ten to early two thousand twelve cartoon series of the same name as Flimation's HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE, that comic however was not put out by MARVEL but rather IMAGE COMICS!            

No comments: