August 11, 2013

My review of Elysium and more......

Hey movie goers how are ye?,
  I really don't know how to say this but the new film Elysium which had only two recognizable big star names in it, those of course being Jodie Foster and the man seen here 


Matt Damon. I have to say one HUGE thing first before I start this whole grand review, that of course being  that on this movie alone I Matt B happen to agree with my local movie critic known as "Mr. Movie" that this piece deserves a  four out five bag rating of popcorn bags, and I don't usually put much stock in his choices nine times outta ten I'm just letting you know! The first time I saw an "Elysium trailer" was when I saw this guy's third outing 
, known as IM:3, when I was in Vancouver Canada for my vacation this year with my folks.  Which I will get around to telling you more about of what I did on that Vac soon enough, but every summer movie I did see this year and yes you all know what the other main two were I saw the same "Elysium trailer" in at least one screening of the many times I saw those very flicks. The last Matt Damon movie I saw was the very first BORNE IDENTITY with my dad back in two thousand and four at the mall theater in Kennwick Washington. In ELYSIUM, in the year twenty one fifty four the state of the planet earth's population has come down to being divided into only two social classes of people either your super rich and can have what you want or your part of the dregs of society and are super poor and if your poor your considered a criminal no matter what you do. Max Da Costa (Matt Damon's character) works in a factory in Los Angeles California and is arrested at the start of the film for helping a young child from being bullied while on his way to work. When he is detained in booking of the local police station he ends up being put at the bottom of his project at work  and ends up being exposed to lethal dose of radiation that doesn't kill him yet, because of this he ends up rekindling  with his childhood friend Frey who is a doctor and has a daughter who is got leukemia. Elysium is a huge spaceport above the planet that has none of earth's problems for when they have visitors they scan you with their "transporter like system" to filter out germs and diseases, at the same time however it can be uses as defense detector of incoming attackers. Max used to be a car thief an ends up going back to joining them because it's what he knows that he does best only to find out the group's tech guy has 
a way onto the spaceport to make things more fair for all citizens of planet earth. That is all I will let you know of the film itself and let you decide if you like it as much as I did? It was after this because of it being the first screening that the person I went to go see ELYSIUM with we went to lunch at Bruchies Cheesesteaks & Subs in Pasco Washington since we went to the Fairchild cinemas. We then went to Adventures Underground in Richland and I got more parts to the publisher Zenescope's Alice in Wonderland series 
, so what's with the main characters of Wonderland but especially Alice being a chess piece?, huh say what your asking huh? well soon after I'm done with "A.I.W." you'll all know more for sure believe me! Before I was about to walk  over to catch the bus to Knight street (which the walk takes me about twenty seven minutes from uptown Richland to central Richland), I went and took a quick zip peek at the newest comics on the wall when I had found this copy of 
 














OZ by Zenescope and knew I had to get it to see their take on the Wizard of OZ just for kicks if nothing else at all, so I had them put it in my hold box. 
Now there is no need for me to think I have forgotten something right or is there a matter of plate choice I think? 

 








 
















Here is what is up for today!  I hope your weekend ended up being exciting as well as fun too. 

No comments: