April 25, 2016

What's that ol Willie Nelson song again? ....(Pt 4 of Zum,Zum, Fun time of Californa trip)

Hello Everybody,
  Well it always seems that when your on vacation it has to have some of the best parts end to get into the even most bonding thing known as road time. It so happens that after another round of getting up from my nephew's bed isn't so scary after all , we all got up to have another wonderful cheesy breakfast by the true cook of the Byrd/ Heririkson  household at six am Mister Bryce,seen here

from yesterday.When we all went to San Francisco and Alcatraz  By seven my sister Kylie was off to work and Bryce was off to school by eight thirty we said goodbye as each departed for their own day of  humbleness, it was at that time that Chuck went and rented our car that we will be using for the rest of  California  coastline drive. We left Kylie at around nine thirty heading towards  from Dublin to Monterey to see the famous aquarium in that city. Here is a small portion of what we saw on the way





























to Monterey. Once got to Monterey we went to another Pier set of restaurants to go and eat our lunch, we went back and forth tasting each restraints clam chowder "Which two were so-so" yet the one at "Ol Fisherman's Grotto"  and here is what we all had

for lunch  Yet even though I had a calamari steak sandwich and fries, I focused on the sandwich, which my mom cut into fourth so I wouldn't have a great surprise within my lap once we got to the aquarium we had about two hours before they closed so we first started out by seeing

penguins being fed. Then we looked out at the bay around the whole aquarium to see how some of


the many tanks worked from flitting air into the tanks of fish like the

ones seen here. (that me by the way posing for mom's the adventurer at sea photo.  Oh boy you wanna talk all different kind of fish we saw some pretty cool ones  




I guess the best thing of being on any vacation no matter how long or short of time you the one who is vacationing realizes that your to forgo and forget most of your problems of the day that is the cornerstone of life and without a fishy doubt I sure did on this pat of my two thousand and sixteen vacation for I got a super good feeling that I never wanted to be a sea or ocean animal of any kind.....Well maybe that is true for mwah but as for my mother I think she thinking of being an queen of the sea  or at least she

is by standing next to one. This was taken in the part of the aquarium that was in part my favorite exhibit which was all about Octopuses when you entered the exhibit they had a set of old sci-fi  monster flicks playing on a sixteen by twenty four foot widescreen monitor. I know for sure one of them was "IT CAME FROM THE SEA" and it featured one of the octopus many tentacle arms tearing down a most famous bridge in another part of this trip that I have already shared about in place called San Francisco. This part was full of neat lighted treasure hunting seeking octopus and I also happen to get a live one in a tank but it's rather hard to see and yet just because I'm a nice guy I will show them both to you all .

 Here is the Treasure hunting one which is fake.
 This is the top or part we mostly know of an octopus When I was trying to get the tentacles it was to dark and you weren't allowed to use your camera's flash mode because all you would get is a huge glare in your picture. One the other things that was neat in the aquarium was that they had
 the history of why Monterey was famous for as well which was the first city on the west coast to be canning Sardines here is what some of the many labels looked like


from back then. I have one more bit of information from while reading about the sardine cannery process that is neat for people who come here for reading reasons to my very blog I found out that the famous novelist
John Stienbeck was born in Salinas California, which is Monterey's largest part of governing in that part of California. Oh just so everyone knows I was able to find one of Forrest Gump's pal's little restaurant called 

Bubba Gump. If you just can't believe it either I took a photo of the front of that very place













seen right here.
 To Be Continued.....      

No comments: