April 30, 2016

Last bit of Hollywood and a place called OLD TOWN....(part Zum,Zum californa dreaming number 9)

Hello traveling voyagers with me Matt Byrd on this Californian road trekking trip, 
    So as you all know last time on this vacation hitter of stories I had said we saw the paved stars in the sidewalk along Hollywood Blvd and Vine street in the city known in the forties and fifties as the movieland of the whole world. Well before I begin our time in San Diego, and what we did there I have to say two very important last things about being there, One is that on our first Hop on and Hop Off tours I was trying so very hard to get the Paramount water tower to no end I just was at a lost till yesterday's east side tour of China town when at one passing Conner I saw the gates to umm the filming studios from everything  as "

:1953,WAR OF THE WORLDS" and these two movies from the early nineteen eighties one of a kid named Ren who teaches a town about the fun of dancing again in ":

1984 FOOTLOSE" and going all out silly at any given time how is this for a Paramount film one simply called  "

:1984, TOP SECRET" oh and a small television and film franchise that started airing now over to close to fifty years between five television series and twelve movies....I think you all know what I'm about to say right? Well if not here is photo clue:
for you? Something called "PIGS IN SPACE" no wait that sounds to Muppetly doesn't it?, or how  this   "BATTLESTAR GAlACTICA" oh that's right that was really to rival something known as STAR WARS (Which both of those had a slight twisted fate of there own to a certain degree....Ah Yes I know it now it's a series called: Star Trek which has been running in four of those five television incarnations since September eight, nineteen sixty six.  Also for anyone who doesn't follow this very blog should know it is filled with Trek knowledge in unbounding ways because well I do have a great love for it! On that very turn as I was saying before I not only got the studio's water tower finally but the gates to the property

itself. Chuck had said "If I had planned on us being in Hollywood longer than just two days I would have booked us a tour of the famed studio....ah well there always another time" and I agreed  even though it would have been nice to of done if we could. Now the one thing I for sure don't want be accused of is being in tinsel town as Hollywood's true nick name is and say I didn't grab or get a shot with my camera of the famous sign over looking the whole city and I think you know the one that I mean. 

I got two grand shots of this one each day the one from yesterday was from on the Hop ON and Hop OFF tour. The other was on foot when we were at West Sunset Blvd. where we could also se the Capitol Records

building too.  
       Now I really do promise for the time being I am very much moving beyond Hollywood and onward to our drive to San Diego, which is where before in part two I had said I saw a building with my nephew Cannon's name on it while on the bus ride to the BART in Oakland to Dublin California, where my sister and my nephew Bryce are living. Well it just so happens that I saw that a few roads away from entering San Diego that my nephew Cannon has a whole road named for him yet we were going by at such a spanning pace I couldn't get a shot of it for him to see himself owning a road in the   Golden state of California. Once we finally pulled into San Diego I was able to get this cool and refreshing shot of boats out in a place we were now visiting called Old Town.
 
We had  a lot of fun here of learning about the part of San Diego that was yet to be part of California just before the time of the Gold Rush event of the late eighteen forties. Old Town was founded in seventeen sixty nine by a man named Gaspar de Portia while both San Diego and California still hadn't yet been part of the United States itself, in fact California the state wasn't admitted till September ninth of the year of eighteen fifty by then the Gold rush of California was in full swing by eighteen forty eight in Sierra Nevada  was where it started. When San Diego was starting out it was this very city was San Diego, Chuck and I went on the tour of the town in which we learned a lot about the beginnings of  
the bank known as Welles Fargo. Then as well about the justice in the town in fact here is what the inside of the court house

and the jail. We went also to another part of Old Town that had a haunted house that again both Chuck and  I were the  two of the three of us that braved our souls in the spooky place that even a certain Great Dane and his four human pals  known as
Daphne Blake, Fred Jones, Norville "Shaggy" Rogers, and Velma Dinkley and of course the Great Dane was called Scooby Doo and they would solve a great mystery  of a place being haunted by spirits of the past. In this very scary place of  Old Town just from some the photos of the owners 


which  were named Whaley you might be wise not to enter this place. As for me though,  while on these vacations with my mom Nancy Powers Watson and my step father Chuck Ross Watson over the past couple of years I have overcome a great many sets of different emotional reactions since I was a little kid the and main one is over coming fear of seeing and doing things that are new to me, and stop reacting based on fear alone. Here are some of the rooms from the Whaley homestead now tell me don't you feel something when your viewing them like a sense of creepiness about the place







maybe even a little? .            
                                                                  To Be Continued.......  
                                                           

No comments: