June 06, 2012

Avengers week: Why did Marvel do it?




Hey are U an AVENGER?
I remember when I was very heavy into collecting comics back in the day, a new magazine had come out in the early part of the year I graduated from high school and it had my favorite comic character on the cover , plus as a bonus it's cover was by my man Todd McFarlane. Wait a minute what does the first issue of a now unpublished comic guide have to do with the likes of the Avengers week postings anyhoo and since when was the web wonder ever cool again I mean it's not like he has a new movie or anything soon right? The Avengers or rather the original Avengers seen here , had a really weird thing happen in the sixteenth issue of a shake up! They had new members join up so that Ant-Man/Giant Man and the wasp could go on a much needed vacation, and Iron Man could deal with stuff at Stark Enterprises...... Iron Man had left Captain America in charge which we see through their own histories of "Tales of Suspense" title before grabbing their own titles were always at odds with each other over how to settle conflicts. Yet what I wish to talk about is why the Sam dickens is it that one of the top two of comic book companies for the longest time went and how can I say it..... to me (putting every single character in a on call basis of whenever needed is well rather redundant even if they are mostly all based in the city that never sleeps. Better known as New York!) I've just found the few peeks from those days of when I was collecting comics a real raw taste in my mouth about group organized books but mostly this one! I mean I could deal with The Fantastic Four, The Secret Defenders, The New Warriors, and of course all of those X-titled books..... and back to the Wizard magazine back latter nineties they had this
, ,
AVENGERS cool collectable members card. Boy I really do wonder now was Safeway the grocery chain perhaps influenced by a comic gimmick with their club card that every other business place seems to emulate. Sorry didn't mean to bring in a whole real world shopping trivia choice for ya.... but as I was saying the main reason I loved the comics that I did was because they told great tales of daring do without it seeming as THE AVENGERS always did a recruitment to what for any Marvel hero?

1 comment:

Matt said...

This was suppose to be date before the release of the AVENGERS movie but because of trying to learn about new formatting here at Blogspot it went from it May 1st date to June 6th. My bad but I will share with goggle who run the programing formatting of the problem and see if they can help putting in it's right posting area? Now I can say I have had this happen before as well back in March of this year with a January posting!