January 03, 2013

The show of the "70's" that made these three numbers so vital.......


In this entry I put a great cautionary note about what the meaning of being a real hero is about so if you don't wish to read this I DO UNDERSTAND is all I'm saying. Please enjoy it all the same, Even if you know this as a TV series only as well,
Thank You.





Hello everyone,

 You know it is rather super surprising that I have been thinking a lot lately on the color schemes of emergency vehicles, that actually fired up the way for this very entry. I mean I'm sure that almost everyone recalls seeing a fire engine that was Green  in color right?, This isn't at all about saying response centers known as fire stations are color coded to the two main Christmas time color for just show either. Today I want to talk about a show from the year I was born. Now I won't tell you my age not because I'm afraid to admit the length of days I have been on this wonderful planet called earth but for those who have read my blogs should feel that like I do age doesn't matter at all really? That show I want to talk about has been known as the well known series that have helped made the people who choose to put the lives on the line in saving everyday people a decision that can't  be shaken by one's choice of a career. It named was "EMERGENCY!". The show was about how Firemen  who were just trying to become certified paramedics in   Los Angels county firehouse
 









known as station 51. The two main characters of firemen Johnny Gage and Roy DeSoto who were played by Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe. They were seen in this 

squad truck going back and forth between the station and Rampart the hospital  that was closet to the station. At Rampart many doctors were always busy helping those brought in by Roy and John, the main staff consisted Kelly Bracket, Joe Early, and Nurse Dixie McCall who helped  people who walked in from the street too. The show run was from January fifteenth nineteen seventy two till September third nineteen seventy seven four a total of one hundred twenty episodes by Mark VII Limited productions which was owned by Jack Webb who also did the series Adam-12 and Dragnet with his partner and producer friend Robert Cinader before "EMEGRNCY!" I remember watching the latter parts of the series after it had been broken down into several two hour movies of the week in the year nineteen seventy nine before watching Star Blazers when it was moved for a brief time to afternoons when I was in the second grade. Why this show is so remembered by me is because it was the first series I saw where ordinary people were heroes outside of cartoons or comics that I will admit I still love to this day because I want to be a hero of ordinary everyday people. I hope that if you read this and think of calling the all important number 911 is a joke it's not it's very important you don't play a game when you are pretending to have fun, this also goes for persons who drive and don't pull over to let the emergency vehicles get to where they are needed is a unlawful act and you don't wish make matters worse. Rather you wish to or not being a hero of any kind is using your brain power and being smart not dumb and silly.          

No comments: