January 05, 2013

My review of SPIDER-MAN season one


 Let me ask you all just one little thing okay maybe a lot more than just one, how does a company who has always been trying to keep their characters rich not learn to GROW THEM instead of repeatedly keep their audiences Hungering. Attention .Properly. Perching. Yearning.  (Did I just do something right there and yet not realize it with the word Happy, who knows....) Anyway can a slight twist on a classic make it new or better I'm in the unknown as much as you are? Yet with new twits to questions come more enriching answers. Like this two page spread



from the comic graphic novel I'm talking of today the killer of Peter Parker's dear uncle Ben  what if he was Peter's own age? I'm not sure if Stan Lee or the writer of this gem thought of that? Still I hope in the end you'll find a reason to  munch down on last year's release of SPIDER-MAN SEASON ONE! 




Hello everyone,
      Okay I know that no matter what I just can NEVER ESCAPE LOVING MY HERO that I had following when I was a young tykester when I saw him in his true form on a educational program called "The Electric Company". In that series of comic panels a guy wore a red and blue long johns yet he NEVER SPOKE A WORD his words were translated from thought balloons as Spidey fought foes like "Mister Measles" or The Queen Bee" whom never appeared as real adversaries in his monthly comic directly. I may have jumped to far back in memory lane to relate this to just saying I love Mister Peter Parker even if as you all know I have a very hard taste about the character since the company who makes the monthly books doesn't respect the character at all, since January 2008!        
      Enough is Enough even if I can't stands me no mores I will admit last at my local comic shop known as Adventures Underground so last year if you wanna get all worked up over it all, I picked up this hard cover graphic novel seen here

on the top of other books on the bookend by my bed. By the way my brother Michael and his family Christmas gift of X-MEN "DAYS OF FUTURE PASTS is in there somewhere. This book is scripted by Cullen Bunn and drawn by Neil Edwards, it is basically a modernized telling of Spider-Man's origin which was told in August of nineteen sixty two in this comic seen here

 
which was only six pages long with three other short tales to follow and all four stories were scripted by Stan Lee who wrote every Marvel character from the Fantastic Four to the Incredible Hulk and many more to come.... While it was under Steve Ditko's pencils that all the tales from that issue were illustrated  and had such a profound underpinning of what a teenage hero was like. Then it was cancelled and forgotten about... but since I don't have an actual copy to hold in my hands I am sure you know what I'm about to say so for now bygones can be bygones!
Back to SPIDER-MAN SEASON ONE, the contents of this book are mostly well done and even shows up the regular monthly book of amazing Spider-Man THAT AS I SAID BEFORE REFUSES TO RELATE TO FANS OF SPIDER-MAN...  Yet this take has some outs on it own telling, still I know anyone wanting a better telling of any origin has to realize comics are a business just as anything else is. The one thing that shows me that Cullen isn't a exact copy of Stan's written words are his due to Spidey's second artist when he uses the artist last name as the preacher who talks to aunt May after Ben's funeral at the end of the origin
itself. 
 Which his name is John for his first name for those wanting to be in the know. Still there is more shown afterwards of Peter while as Spidey is hoping to get a photo of the flying bird man known as

The Vulture is touching as well.  Ah the memories of times with his only man he knew as a father even at the start of this Cullen's take on Ben is forever outstanding for sure when he is seen talking of the aforementioned



wingman known as Vultchie in the finale round.  It also shows Peter using his skills as a wiz kid creating something that does help in the battle



of his actual second big all out baddie ever from way back in Amazing Spider-Man number 2 dated April nineteen sixty three points to you if you can tell his first big foe outside of this guy seen here


known only as the Burglar! In this version of Peter's way to becoming a trying hero who may or may not always win Cullen uses Peter's chance at fame a lot more than Stan did by this one even being a one's local mall promoting sells till one night a rough and gruff publisher of a certain newspaper sees him as Spidey during "THE CLINTON KING SHOW" then goes for the kill of making Peter's life a living can of worms by sending Katy Kiernan to hound the young star anyway she can, which lens it's way to Marvel's current view of Peter with this 


when he bring pics of the vulture to Jonah Jameson. Which is very sad to true fans of Spider- Man of being shown that Peter is a man child with no hope of ever having a real relationships with female characters at all ever!   I really wanted to say that I loved this one shot graphic novel but I just feel like I'm just wanted by my money instead my respect by Marvel Comics. I'm going rate this a high B plus as my final grade of the overall product.

No comments: