February 18, 2012

"IN CONQUEST BORN"


Hello to all who love a great book review,
To actually be truthful about this it has taken me Matt quite a very,very,very, long time to finding a steady book that will pull me right back into the fray of wanting to just read. Now what could I possibly mean by this, huh? Well I won't lie and say that writing a blog everyday isn't a distraction in and of itself, I also won't say that with all of my other books that I have written about over the past few years here are just a few ,that I have lost my joy of wanting to read, but with (IN CONQUEST BORN

I have found my nitch into hardcore reading again. The story so far seems to be about two super advanced races trying to have a interstellar war to see which race is more dominant, the Azzeans whom reside on a planet known as Brightway who happen to have telepathy mind powers that can detect where mere weapons can't be force upon them, they have been in constant conflict for many eons with a race calling themselves Braxana who are determined to use their abilities to be the ultimate warriors their home planet is known as Braxi..In the mist of their generational conflict a child's parents are murdered she is raised by the Azeans in one their institutes for training the mind, and comes to find out she has had a pure loathing of a general known as Zatar of Braxi her name is Anzha lyu while training to find a way to get into the conflict, while still youngster she has a growing hatred for everything around her. The same is  just as true with Zatar and the real victims are all of the populated worlds between are just pawns if not chess pieces between them. Here is a part that I saw as relating to us as we hope the whole planet earth to be it is in this conversation between a neutral world leader of the race known as the Quezyan as councilor and Torzha.
"Our concern is this. We perceive the Empire to be an entity of peaceful intent. Is this not plainly stated in the Articles of Founding, in the Declaration of Purpose? Is not the very structure of Imperial goverment based upon the assumption that peace is the ideal state?" Standard Pacifist argument: Torzha had heard it before. She countered it with her standard response "Unhappily circumstances dictate our action." "Do they? We wonder, Director." To me as a human even though I won't quote the rest of this conversational part from the novel I think you know where I would end up with the speech, or at least I hope you would see the real world impact as to what I meant. Still throughout this novel the one main topic I saw was that the understanding of any form of conflict is pointless because without a doubt weather it is between governments or two everyday people  can't we as a species keep ourselves  away from being "WE are to I'M ONLY RIGHT? in everything we do?" This book really did seem to be about an endless power struggle to being that is all I'm getting at. I had this novel by the way from a grab bag that I got from bookstore known as the Bookworm known locally as "The Worm" it was in the latter part of August in nineteen eighty nine that I got this little trove and had it sitting on my bookshelf at my parents home in my bedroom till I moved to where I live now, little did I know that it was a middle part of a trilogy at the time that I put it into that grab bag at the time? All I will say is this when I got done with it I wanted more answers to that generational conflict as I named it and feel very stuck with one thrid of a grand science fiction piece of work, that I will admit I look for the other two parts of one and three. I will say this though I really do love the cover art by cover artist Micheal Whelan.       

        

No comments: