June 20, 2015

Fan or no of Star Trek TNG you can't deny this?

Hello All,
 You know now that I think about it, I don't really know when it was officially that I came to really liking or rather knowing of Star Trek TNG, I wanna say for me as a whole it was with the fifth season finale known as "Time's Arrow".  In that very episode Data had loss his head or so the story opened up that way....It turned out that aliens from Narvidi III were coming to earth's past to get their food supply and Picard and crew went after them in through this graping energy hole with as it closing two of the aliens appeared in the craven....and the screen went to black with the words "To Be Continued...." Yet I really want to talk today about the very first cliff hanger of Star Trek The Next Generation can anyone guess what it was? before we get to it let me just say the original Star Trek series itself had only one episode of continuation that was very special because it gave us Trek fans a glimpse into the true unknown original unaired pilot of the sci-fi legacy by showing a captain other than James T Kirk. That episode was called "The Menagerie" pt 1 aired November seventeenth,nineteen sixty six with part two airing on November twenty fourth of that same year...so within a week of each other. Yet back before the new Star Trek series was to debut I remember watching the unseen pilot in Maryland it was called "THE CAGE". Till this time Trek fans just had Kirk, Spock and McCoy and the rest to see as the key to believing truly in "Where No Man has gone before...." Now though Trek fans were ever so slowly on the fence about the new Next Generation series till when on the episode with the stardate 43989.1 entitled "The Best of Both Worlds" aired over twenty five years ago this weekend....It was the Next Gen's first ever two part episode and the end of season three for the series. I'm not sure how many times since nine ninety two's season premier of "Time's Arrow" part II of how many times I have seen "The Best of Both Worlds" other than it's been a lot? I'm gonna watch it tonight  and wish that  Lyle was still here to talk about it with because I know it was a hard transition for him as well I think of liking and loving Star Trek The Next Generation at first two?             

No comments: