December 30, 2014

ONE IMPORATANT THING TO GET CAUGHT UP ON......


Hello All,
   Look I won't deny it, one single bit I haven't posted in what seems like forever about newspaper comic strips and the main reason why is because the main site where I got them from wishes to be exclusivity the one who pays for your daily doses  of laughter. I can respect that and say in the last two half years of being off and on with my personal thoughts of encouragement I have been very bad to myself? How so you ask right well here it is in a nut shell...... 

        As you all know of me you know that my all time superhero is the guy seen here in colors fitting for 

the season as well.... known better to the world at large as Spider-Man who was created by two great old fellas now named Steve Ditko and Stan Lee, Lee has stayed with the character since his inception way back in the early sixties Ditko on the other hand had moved on to other comic creations, yet I am not here to talk about either of them directly so. I wanting talk of something that is equally important in my own way of looking at Spider-Man himself namely the newspaper strip that Lee has written since January of 1977. It was started by he and Spider-man artist Jazzy Johny ring-a-ding Romita who stayed on till the summer of nineteen eighty here is some of his work for the strip that

, I've never shown here and can't recall at the moment where I found it either? I can for sure tell you all I have been very strained against the company who owns the rights to the character known secretly as Peter Parker and I believe more than ever I have a grand right like each of you who love the character like I do probably shall? Now I don't mean to go into my old song and dance again of why Marvel Comics has been a swan ship of a publishing company for years now. By Swan Ship here what I do mean sure the company has branched out into other types of ways of sharing their products and this is somewhat of why I am very salted towards one person at Marvel for so long I feel that he is the worst type of business coordinator with in comics period.  
    The creator I am of course talking about did happen to save the company of Marvel Comics back in the late nineteen nineties when the company was trying to be a mega powerhouse giant by trying to invest their ideas everywhere.....which lead to the company filing for chapter eleven known better as Bankruptcy. His name is Joesph Quesada he had worked with mostly independent publishers like Valiant Comics and Event Comics where he created the character seen here 

called for his civilian name as Ashley Qinn who became a superhero by being trapped in a burning building's hidden time traveling mechanism (much like a time traveling machine, similar to that of Doctor Who's Taridis phone both), I would like to guess at? anyway Qinn gets power from the machine and becomes the hero known as ASH. Quesada went and added a new take on Batman at the time with the character of Azrael  who took over as Bats for a while during the whole Knightfall story arc that ran at the same time as Death of Superman 

which both of these two D.C. Comics Iconic character arcs ran at the same time as the Spider-Man storyline reviled the age old question can a hero be in two places at once 

if that's even possible with a story that even Marvel will say "NEVER REALLY RESOLVED ITSELF ORIGINALLY" from the mid nineteen seventies simple known as "EVEN IF I LIVE, I DIE" from issue one hundred forty seven of The Amazing Spider-Man comic book, yet in nineteen ninety four the company tried it's attempt of getting Peter Parker to be single again. Since they didn't like writing him that way, of being hitched! In the end fans won out....until the year two thousand and seven when Queasda FORCED THAT PETER PARKER MAKES A DEAL WITH GHOST RIDER'S MASTER Mephisto  who is the Marvel universe's devil character to save aunt May's live he and Mary Jane HAVE TO GIVE UP THEIR HAPPINESS which had been going strong since nineteen eighty seven. In my own way of thinking I know in my heart that Queasda DID VERY WRONG with this very idea of making Peter be a hopeless slob in any writer's hands is unjust to not only Peter Parker the character of who he is but also to in a lot of marvel fans eyes he tore down what he had helped build up from ashes....Joe Queasda single handily put marvel back into the RED with not only making the company's main mascot a slimy rotten foe of putting Peter in suspended time of the nineteen seventies he really has the character being a complete reversal of his true motto- "With Great Power, there must also come Great responbitly" I'm just happy that I right now am not wasting my hard earn cash on Marvel's main product their comic books. Yet as I mentioned up above today I am starting today to get the newspaper strip of Spider-Man by his co creator Stan Lee who back in nineteen eighty seven said let's marry off Peter Parker to his lady love Mary Jane Watson. Yet the only time the two were really apart like in the comic was from January 2009 to memorial day weekend of May that year. I know that Lee had some cool parts in the start of their Spider-Marriage where Mary Jane was in California making a movie and Peter was well read this 
 while he was in New York fighting a wrestler who was controlled by a woman scientist who really loved her expert results on "A Wrestler gone wild" I have this story and bits and pieces of this one 
 
                
     
             


that featured David Banner as "The Incredible Hulk" in 1988, which I'm not really sure if Stan knew it at the time but co sighted with "THE INCREDIBLE HULK RETURNS" television movie of the week, which aired on NBC on May twenty second nineteen eighty eight. I remember it being an exciting time for my young fifteen year old self at the time my grandparents were visiting from Columbus, Georgia at time and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss a moment that show so I recorded it on our VCR and watched the next day after I got home from school. It was just awesome seeing the coolest thing before all of the Marvel big screen adventures of today.     

No comments: