January 02, 2014

Finally a use for some old pics.......


Hello All,
 Well today is how can I say it "A yet scary entry , but at the same time one that will keep your head spinning or at least the more appropriate word shall be rolling along" as you read about a place here in Richland that has been around even longer than the comic books I written about from time to time.  Yet for the longest time till nineteen ninety we used to also have one in the other city of the Tri-Cities area  of Kennwick Washington, it was called Stake West it was located over by the big mall we have there known as Columbia Center mall. So of course you all know that I'm talking about the staking place in Richland Washington seen here
 still I know that your all wondering why am I bringing the girl that is now a teenager just at the end of last year or rather a few days ago I guess Heidi 

into the tale of the Rollarena's big party of it's own, which celebrates being around not twenty years, or even forty seven for that matter......it's celebrating would you believe it, SIXTY years of being a fun place to hang out at. For me myself through it.....well let's just say for me it takes me back to being the grandest of all klutz because it was at this one where I just recall while in daycare I couldn't grasp balance for whatever reason. Still even through I could figure it out I will most surly admit I did love all of the songs that they played through out the whole building, which all flowed to here   


where everyone could just skate your heart out weather you were a young kid to any pair of grandparents (if you so dared to be brave enough to entertain the kid at heart inside you). Some of the songs that I can remember them playing at times were "The EYE of the Tiger", "Cherry Pie", "Sara", Who ya gonna Call-" points to anyone and everyone who can name the artist who sang each these very tunes. Now for the last one I can't give you the next line the only true hint I can give you is this a clue is in the scariest month of the whole year, from last year. When Heidi's tenth birthday came around I can say this for sure I did almost pretty good for not hanging on the side of railings or hugging the wall if you will.....but earlier tonight for four hours from six to ten p.m. the Rollerena celebrated in style, I just wish I could have gone to see the smiles on everyone faces for catching me on stakes will almost always will be impossible for sure! If you would like 

to know Rollerena's address it is on 849 Stevens, Drive in Richland Washington.    

No comments: