November 18, 2012

Where are my Twinkies now?

So is it really true???, Of the HOSTESS company that has indued since the 1930's really gonna call it Kaput forever...Well after reading this you may not be wondering why your local store doesn't have the fellow with that white  creamy center or his other cream filled partners So jump right in saying goodbye with me after the jump!


 Hey YOU the Sponge cake lovers,
  I still can't for some reason or other believe that this scene from "ZOMBIELAND"has become a heartfelt reality


 can you? I mean come on seriously here in the state with the nickname the "Evergreen" state during the majority of the voting public (not yours truly), voted in the legal selling of someone whose on this month's background plate on the site here (umm did I let something slip before the end of the month) Okay no more clues only that one will you get from little ol me! Our state however did as I said above made sell of M.J. available if you want it, I do believe Colorado was the only other state this time around to prove of such a state law. Still this is about little children never having a  little yellow sponge cake with a creamy filled white centers in their lunches ever again.That is right the company who makes those cakes called twinkies known as the HOSTESS company made it official just two days ago that they are out of business all together, for the owners Interstate Bakeries since the nineteen thirties decided for the second time since 2004 to file for chapter 11 bankruptcy because it can't workout it's own union contracts with it many bakeries. For knowing that the company was so close to being put on the line many bakers of HOSTESS went on Strike anyway knowing what may yet be a undecided fate for their lively hood  as a career stands uncertain. My uncle Larry Simmons (no relation to Al Simmons of this comic character         
 








seen here ),he has worked for one of Hostess subsidiary known as Dolly Madison   which had as the company trademark characters were the PEANUTS characters like Snoopy and Peppermint Patty  for the longest time  before being included into Interstate Bakeries brands HOSTESS accrued them if I recall it right sometime in the early nineteen eighties, so in the world am I telling you this? it's because when the announcement came out on Friday his plant in Columbus Georgia was one out of three ordered to shut it's doors. I had also gotten that news when I posted that image from "ZOMBIELAND" on facebook my step dad Chuck  told me of that otherwise I would have been thinking my uncle still was employed, so please pray for Larry and his wife Mary Anne if you would please thank you. Still what will the world be like without Twinkies for kids and adults alike just a bit smaller and sadder at least in a way ..... but maybe something will happen so that the whole world won't be without those great treats known as Twinkies. Let's hope anyway.....                 

No comments: