August 19, 2015

SUPER SAD NEWS -for True Batman fans


Hello All,
  It is what does happen to all of us in the adventure called the trial of existence....It is known as the passing of a beloved family member or  a good friend that you know of what it is that I am talking about. Here is what my Facebook page looks like  I had this 
 
















as my Facebook cover. Which is rather overall fitting since I love to read mostly in my spare time, but for a small brief time I have put a hold on the Alien Series in exchange for trying my first Doctor Who novel and trying to get to know the British science fiction character for sure! In regards  of figuring out that very love I had this 

as my profile photo which seems apporite  or so I think it does fit the bill rather nicely well?  It is with a very sad feeling of love that today my very topic is again about the comic book medium in a very heartfelt way...While on Facebook just a few minutes ago I found out that the Adam West take on Batman lost a very important part of what made the later half of the series flow so easy on young boys eager eyes for weeks on ends...sure the young girls had Batman's pal Robin the boy wonder to keep them entertained with his "Holly This or Holly That " one liners. 
     By the series third and finale year the creators did something rather clever the brought in Batman and Robin's  off time companion from the late sixties as well in the Batman comic number 


BATMAN #359.  The story was by comic writer Gardner Fox and the art was by Carmine Infatntino. In it like the television series, Batman and Robin don't learn who Bat girl 's    secret, for it is always Bruce's respect for her help that he always stops Dick Grayson from going after their friendly partner in crime, when in truth we the viewer are the only one who knows it is the daughter of commissioner James Gordon  Barbra Gordon who is really Bat girl who was portrayed by Yvonne Craig 

who just passed away at the age of seventy eight of breast cancer on the seventeenth of this month but as I think of her I have changed my Facebook cover to this seen here

and my profile photo to this as well
 
     

There are two points that still need to be made of  Yvonne Craig that are neat to know from a acting parts that she had outside of being Bat Girl , one is that she was in two movies with Elvis Presley "It Happened at the World's Fair" and "Kissin Cousins". Also she played on the always mentioned here Star Trek series in the original series in the third season episode called "WHOM GODS DESTROY"  as the Orion slave girl who happens to be the color of the skin of Marvel's character known as The Incredible Hulk. In the very episode at some point after dancing for captain James Kirk, her character known as Marta kisses him on the lips. 

Yvonne was born in May 16th  1937 but according to a friend of mine named Chan he has a history of the Batman   television series and I remember him showing it to me some point and he says the book claims Yvonne Craig was born in nineteen forty one, but I am not sure that I saw it so as to how much truth there is to that really of when she was born is anyone's guess you can believe a book or the internet   is all I can hand out as a answer to a question that may baffle us for a long time about how old or young the person who played Bat Girl  is....I say believe what your heart feels is right is what you should find best to hold on to, I guess! Oh one last thing I'm sure in the current Bat girl comics put out by Detective Comics will have mention of Yvonne's passing and will let fans share their best episode of Batman  that she was in.

No comments: