February 02, 2015

Sometimes the best parts of any book is hidden......(pt . I of III )

Hello All who are hooked on "TOUCH BY AN ALIEN", 
   Now before I go and start this particular entry I want it known that there are many other "Alien type of series", that some may want to think that this series is influenced by in it's title alone. But I assure everyone reading this the Aliens in this are most certainly not like these of James Cameron or Ridely Scott's 

 








 












Alien film franchise at all. In fact they are not like Ken Johnson's V aliens which are outer space lizards, even though they only go by Visitors name in that whole series. In fact the Aliens in "Touched by an Alien" are very humanoid by their outside features, but I'm not here to directly talk about more in depth of the story because I am just now trying to get within the book seen here 

 in the series. Yet I am making this one because of the one thing most science fiction novels are missing for the most part that of course being humor, An let me tell you this series like I said before has you the reader off your feet it truly does and right now if you don't mind I'd like to share some of them:               

   "He looks like the man I killed. Right before I killed him, I mean." 
       "They all look like that," Martini said quietly. " The faces are different, some men, some women, but they all end up looking at humans like this."         
       "What are they? And don't say mutants" I added. "Superbeings is what we call them," White replied. "It's not a perfect description but it's good enough."   

"Dad, I'm with Homeland Security. Everything's okay. I used the pen you gave me to stop the lunatic. I didn't get hurt, and I'm not in trouble, just taking care of debriefs and that sort of stuff." "So you did tackle a terrorist?" "I didn't know he was a terrorist, Dad. I just sort of.....reacted. One of those once-in-a-lifetime hero things. Nothing to worry about." "Right." He sighted. "Well, your mother will be relieved to know you're okay, and probably more thrilled about this than I am. You sure the Homeland Security people aren't going to ship you off to Guantanamo Bay?"                            
 
And finally for the end of this post I have to end it with how in one way the Alpha Centurions shake our human Alien when they are going to fetch for her a quick change of clothes.                      I was somewhat suspicious of his motives and what I was getting into, but in addition to changing my clothes, I really wanted to know what Christopher had done during his time in my apartment. "Okay, let's go." 
     "That's my girl! " Martini grabbed my hand again and trotted us off to a gate at the opposite end of the dome from where the cars were. He shooed the security guard away, and I was interested to note there was no protest given. 
    "," Your security detail always this lax?"      
"Nope. I'm just a popular guy. Now hush, I need to pay attention while I do the calibrations. " He fiddled around with some knobs and buttons on the side of the gate. His hands were a blur, and I had to stop watching. "Okay, all set," He said less than a minute later. 
      "I thought you said your reflexes were too fast for driving. "
          "These aren't human- created" He cooked his head.
               "You okay? That was a dumb question, for you. "
                    "I think  it's all starting to blur into total insanity," I admitted. "I feel like Alice,  but                     you're one weird white rabbit." "I'm more like the Cheshire cat." Martini laughed.                       "It's natural." With that he moved us right in front of the opening.
Now I know most importantly your asking why he is using a Alice in Wonderland reference to end at, Well the simple answer is because that was my last book before landing into this grand series of much needed laughter. 

To be continued.....   

    

No comments: