September 02, 2012

Finding the good ol days of my colllceting comics just got better again....

Boy sometimes you learn of things in a very HARD WAY, if you know what I mean of the stuff that you used to love in a BIG WAY? It seems that I keep trying to find a way into finding my old passion for comics. I will admit writing about them can be fun, and seeing products besides the books themselves are just one way anyone who loves or likes the storytelling of CRASH, BOOM, SPLAT,FLOOM, all of these and stranger examples of words are used quite a lot by the writer of the over the top books called comics. Well yesterday, I was looking for more wallpaper images of superheroes and their supporting cast when I came across this very drawing of a married Mary Jane Watson Parker on a blogger created site called "NOT BLOG X" I had at first thought the image was from a whole different run on Todd's Amazing spider-man run I'll tell you which ones there were in a few moments. The writer of this blog had of to side a video link to YouTube of a Todd McFarlane set movies they put together there. So I hoped over there and got caught up watching You Tube vids when also saw something on Stan Lee and saw his old video series called "COMICBOOK GREATS" in this he would do interviews with the new artists on Marvel related products. Now I don't know who downloaded this series but I watched the one I had from 1990 of him interviewing Todd McFarlane, that I had gotten from Infinite Frontiers, where I got my comics back in the day. I then went on to see the one he did where he interviewed Jim Lee the artist on the X-MEN book that sold a record setting of eight point one million copies with #1. In the Jim Lee one he showed us how he starts from a sketch from pencils when coming up with what a writer wants to finished inks. In fact what the two Lees come up with of a hero saving his girl from the bad villain is pretty slick indeed. To say I didn't have fun watching those You Tube vids would be a crime in and of itself to say in the least! As to the Mary Jane image that I was talking about earlier I had thought when I was looking at it originally I thought it was her from Marvel's big crossover storyline at the time known as "INFERNO", which took place in the Amazing Spider-Man issues of #311-313, when in truth that image came from #319 where he was fighting his foe Mac Gargan whom is better know as the Scorpion over a pizza no less how that said issue ended if I remember correctly ugh now, I really do wanna read more comics especially the married Spider-Man ones........

No comments: