August 08, 2008

What I saw Tonight I had not seen in forever





Hey Matt here again for my second blog of the night, 8-8-08, tonight when I got home from work I decided to watch an Anime movie that I hadn't seen in a very long time. I watched AKIRA it came out the same year Disney released the Little Mermaid so that can tell you it's old school for sure, that was in 1988 if your all wondering. I remember when it came out in Spokane I still have that movie review someplace a friend of mine got me a copy of the video in '89 I was really into Anime before this when I was a kid there was a show called STAR BLAZERS I remember watching that every weekday morning in 79-80 (I'll blog about that show at another time)
Watching this AKIRA brought back some great memories of why I love that type of story telling so much it's not your ordinary cartoon it's an adult themed show but very science fiction theme as well so you can also see why I love it as well.

No comments: