August 19, 2008

A little show called STAR BLAZERS a ongoing saga...





Hello everyone,
I would like to let you all know that this entry is very special to my heart for it really does take me back to a time when I first got to know science fiction for what it was meant to be & still I know why I love the genre as I do even today. Back in 1979 I was a little guy that one day I was watching the 700 club with Pat Robertson , (who tried in 2000 to run for president) this was a weekly evangelism program that ran from 5 am to 7am on KSTW channel 11 then I remember at 7:30 a show called STAR BLAZERS it was only a half hour long but it was the story that drew me in. The year is 2199 and the whole planet has one whole year left to support human life. Why? because a alien race known as the Gamilons are hurling radio active planet bombs to earth while fighting a losing battle near Pluto they see a shooting star or space ship heading towards Mars, when the crash site is investigated by Derek Wildstar & Mark Venture they find a dead girl that was delivering a message of hope to planet earth, from the planet Iscandar which is 148,000 light years from earth so they pull a world war II battleship from the seabed of earth's oceans called the Yamato, which they add a special engine to it called the wave motion engine & to the front of the ship a gun simply called the wave motion gun these plans were included in the message from Iscandar. They rechristen the name of the ship to Argo, (note this was so they could edit out the Japanese history for American audiences), with of course one year left they set off for Iscandar to retrieve a device called the Cosmo DNA. With the Gamilons trying stop them at all cost any way that they can. Please note this blog will be on going....

No comments: