October 11, 2015

Still waiting to get the funny parts of another book done as I talk of "DH" of Doctor Who


Hello all, 
 Look to tell you all the truth of why I enjoy reading at a very slow pace is really this more than anything I love to get to know all of the little new logy of all of the characters within the story even outside of the main established title character which has the franchised name on the cover of the said book. Now I do have to say as I have before this book of Doctor Who "Dark Horizons" is my very first time of devouring the character on my actual own without being forced to or not, there have been many a times before of where I have talked of other family members jumping into the Tardis, most notably my nephew Cannon seen here as the Doctor


 ,last year on Halloween. My very first exposure to the British Science fiction character in the longest of time was in late summer or early fall of  2012 It was during that very Christmas that I gave my sister in-law Kathie  the comic graphic novel seen 

here. 











As you can seem to tell all in my brother's family seem to like the Matt Smith take on the character. All together there have been twelve actors who played the Time traveling alien that started way back in nineteen sixty three...yes before you go asking he is older than any of the crews of any incarnation of the American series known as Star Trek. Now let me tell you this would have also been a book my step brother Lyle would have devoured as much as I did and here's why for him the tale had Vikings in it as well and I know that Lyle would  probably would have endowed one his many Dungeons and Dragons created characters have Viking abilities to a given short I'm thinking? 

Now for Dark Horizons itself is a wide birth of fun for sure, This take of the Doctor is playing a game of Chess as the Tardis is traveling through space and time he has with him a maiden named Freydis who happens to be a piece of the game board and his companion (or like companion, for ever doctor has one at some point in any doctor who tale) is a fellow  named Henrik whom loves the game as much as the Doctor does. Somehow the piece that is Freydis comes to life in the cupboard that the game is stored in aboard the Tardis as the Doctor and Henrik are fighting some vikings that are chasing them for the game piece known as Freydis. When both the Tardis and the viking vessel end up in twelfth century Scotland waters that seem to have the surface on fire, that is where the science fiction part comes into play rather heavy, besides the Doctor of course......
          The inhabitants of where both that Doctor and the vikings are is never truly named. Still they treat the Doctor and his two companions help them confront the vikings for as with most vikings involved in a story mostly do is take over even if they are the given foils always. So during the course of the many matches of the day that some of the island inhabits are coming to him of stories of loved ones dying  He agrees with them all that something isn't at all right, so he take the Tardis to sea and finds living under the water beings known as Arill whom are an advanced race of electrical matter that has been trying to find a way to a more fruitful world where they can all absorb  flowing electricity and each time they come to water surface they are the earth element of fire and to survive they must interact with a big flowing space of neurological streaming area and the only way the Arill have found is through an human host. The Doctor tells them he will find a way to intercede if he is given time to think of both parties together.  
       What I can say about this from my way of looking at the Doctor character is I get the feeling that much like Star Trek or whatever form of American science  fiction one wishes to hold close to your soul as grand stuff, this isn't bad for fan fiction if I maybe so bold to state. As to what book it is I'm trying to fill in still for those who want to now are the first and second fun bits of this 


seen here. And in the meantime I have found this very time traveling tomb 


to keep me entertained and full of thoughtful insight into anything I'm writing these days! It's called Star Trek From History's Shadow.  

No comments: