January 25, 2015

So is there really a true fight of Halloween looks here?

 What's kinda spooky scares is the Skeleton seen here 

with the Mistress of the Dark sharing to saves her very life?, Well I'll tell you this, it ain't about "Ghostly cookies and milk for sure kiddos......" 




Hello there my ever so happy reader,
  Okay now before I go and get started here, I want everyone to know I am not making this very post about lusty type of pictures either, just my thoughts of two made up characters that really seem to share a lot of the same traits. When I was growing up and had cable television I remember staying up at nights on Fridays and Saturdays to watch the scare fest on USA network of there late night movies, and sometimes when they showed horror ones they would have as a host this lass seen here   

who went by the name of Elvia. The other lass I want to compare her to is this 

Frank Franzetta illustration of the comic book character Vamprealla. The illustration happens to be Vamprealla's first appearance way back in September nineteen sixty nine.  I really have to back track the very statement of Elvia really she is or was portray by an American actress that is known as Cassandra Peterson, yet Elvia herself is still made up.  My first real notice of Vamprealla was from some old Harris Press original comic magazines my Korean friend Chan Hu had at his home in late nineteen eighty eight during that school year. When I look at those old mags in that back of my mind I had the very same type of ideas about these to vampire like looking ladies.... both were rather pale looking in the designs to scare for sure and then they outfits as I indicated before were put out there to lose a young man in his look of a dark haired Caucasian woman. Vamprealla's origin of her character is that yes she is a vampire, but she isn't like Dracula where he comes back from the dead. She in fact is more of a science fictional take of Vampire lore, because her planet which is known as Drakulon was like another famous comic book hero's home world about to be destroyed, hmm who would that be I wonder? But unlike that same character when she comes to earth she is a full grown and fights against the man himself Dracula whom in her tales are from a planet called Chaos. When Vamprealla was owned by Warren Publishing from nineteen sixty nine to nineteen eighty three in her first eight issues she would be like Elvia in a way, by hosting stories while par taking them at the same time.
          I have over my many years of writing this blog have seen but not been to comic conventions where  some female comic collectors do the cos play thing where you dress as your favorite comic book characters weather villains or heroes for prizes, and some of them have tried to be both of these vamp like characters. In fact here are just a couple of examples in case you maybe doubting yours truly Here is a cos player whom I don't her name but 

,she happens to have a bloody look in her eye of looking just like the drawing of Vamprealla  seen here  

by comic artist Pepe Gonzalez, don't you think?  Then if you still think I'm scary close to a reflection of silly wackadoo try this on for size , here is Cassandra Peterson as Elvia Mistress of the dark on a couch........


 Then here is cos player Elena Neriumoleander in almost the very exact same pose 

with some small differences but still it's her take on Peterson's late night horror host. Then back in the days when Harris Comics publication owned Vamprealla which was Nineteen Ninety one to two thousand and ten they had a model by the name of Kitana Baker be......well I think you know 

when you see this for Vamprealla advertisement ad where  I'm going   with this. So I think because I have yet to see one I will put a idea together for a drawing of these two lasses clawing and scathing each other in a onslaught war of which horror comic is the sweetest of all? and when I'm done I'll post the least scary one here on the site.                     

No comments: