October 07, 2017

A few things about 2017's Buddy Walk that are.....



  Hey it is time to find your Buddy for the walk of National Down Syndrome Society's 2017 "BUDDY WALK". Here is what this year's shirts look like oh and yes my good friend Jeremy shows a quick presentation of  the Raffling Prizes.....Which he hopes for something other than all the SEAHAWKS stuff........ in fact I forgot to share what he was hoping for which a pair of basketball hoops for his young nephew seen here as
a real TIGER!  




Hello All,
    Well it is seems as if this very entry about our local event known as "The Buddy Walk" is upon us here in Tri-Cities Washington, in our city of Richland down at Howard Amon Park. My usual Saturday morning breakfast is put on hold with it benefitting a great cause, and this morning my friend Jeremy Johnson seen here 


, doing his best take of being the letter turning gal on a game show known as Wheel of Fortune. He has for the past three years had the men group help out with this community fund raiser that helps out adults and kids with down syndrome. Jeremy and his wife Jessica have a daughter named Claire that has the chromosome that makes her part of these very special kind of God's children. The Walk has been going on for over TEN YEARS  now, this is the walk's eleventh year of being around. 
He picked me up around six forty this morning and we started helping at the park by unloading tables like the ones seen 


   
     here. If you look closely at the one near this words happens to have a whole other subject or post in the makings that I'm very sure of! Our group in the past has after helping with the basic setup of not only the tables but also these canopy tents seen here


















and we also contributed to helping with setting up the folding chairs in front of the Fingernail Stage which has been a part of the park itself




,well beyond my knowledge of being brought into existence in nineteen seventy two in a town in the state of North Carolina in a city called Highpoint. 

We have headed to Sterling's restaurant in those past three years of helping the general overall set up of the Buddy Walk yet last year when Jeremy and I went, to go get him some money to buy some raffle tickets we had happen to of gone to a place that I had known well but in another lifetime ago was the Red Loin hotel and we decided that this year in 2017 we all would eat here of the Men Hillspring church group and the Richland one is located just a brisk walk of Howard Amon park itself. Most of the guys including Jeremy had chosen the "All you can eat buffet" in fact myself and my still new friend Lance who is holding one of the raffling prizes of a Sega Genesis game console 

(Which brings back memories as well....)   we were the only two to actually order off of the breakfast menu. I had this Denver Olmert which had a lot of great veggies I liked within



it's insides. Oh and yes for some reason or other I broke my rule of no Coffee and had two cups worthy of a wake up call! Most of the guys pretty much left after the meal but myself and Lance and Jeremy and my ol director of Special Education at Marcus Whitman Elementally school Don Ray




















took our way to going and being part of the walk, which started at eleven am. The walk itself is just a mile long and Jeremy's Claire found her photo as the walk was starting  






    








each person with Down Syndrome can if the want to pose with their photo which is what Claire loves to do. So here are a couple of pics I got of her having a moment of loving attention to who she is as a great young lady.


So after the whole walk is over and done with you come back and can play games and see your favorite supporter as a business there in the finish line


Here is to restaurants that had kid friendly representatives at the Buddy walk this year. Here is one that is always at the event and as far as I know needs no introduction other than I have written about his restaurants rocky start from earlier
this past summer....It is Ronald MacDonald! Then is it even possible that besides a rat or a little dude known as the Noid could represent pizza any better than Pizza the Hutt oh why am on a "SpaceBalls"  rant I'll never know? Still Pizza was present in the form of this fellow 
called Mr. Slice  
from Papa Johns Then for no real reason other than to get my teenager niece named Heidi shall want to be wanting to help I hope one day even though I know that she has a lot of things on her plate I just thought that this friend of hers would make her smile about it of wanting to think on it "Miss Unicorn"

is giving Heidi a huge thumbs up about the idea!

No comments: